Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Class D no LAANC

FAA actually called me and pretty much told me that I wouldn't be able to get approval in time for my planned flight. I REALLY appreciated their phone call. Didn't expect it! I had him cancel that since it wouldn't happen in time. So now I'm working on a Wide-Area authorization. I do plan on staying under the grids. So hopefully it will go through. :) I also know now to give plenty of lead time.

FAA actually called me and pretty much told me that I wouldn't be able to get approval in time for my planned flight. I REALLY appreciated their phone call. Didn't expect it! I had him cancel that since it wouldn't happen in time. So now I'm working on a Wide-Area authorization. I do plan on staying under the grids. So hopefully it will go through. :) I also know now to give plenty of lead time.

Wide areas cover everything except -0- grid boxes. those require individual request in order to be able to operate in.

Wide areas cover everything except -0- grid boxes. those require individual request in order to be able to operate in.

Exactly! I never planned on 0 Grid! My original post was always UNDER the specified grid.

And I just got my Wide Area Auth! As long as I'm under the grid ceiling and not in a 0 grid, I'm good for 1 year. :)

Exactly! I never planned on 0 Grid! My original post was always UNDER the specified grid.

And I just got my Wide Area Auth! As long as I'm under the grid ceiling and not in a 0 grid, I'm good for 1 year. :)
I was pleasantly surprised when FAA called me on about my first authorization request. Not only did they give me wide area they also moved my start date up to the day I applied and extended my end date way out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku