Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Commercial Drone Project Showcase

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Start a thread to tell us about your most successful (and biggest failure) commercial projects. Inspire other commercial pilots land help them learn from your successes and failures. Please post as much detail as possible - photos, videos, equipment used, costs, labor, how you charged, FAA interactions, etc..

C.

Are you shooting manually, like DJI Go, or with something like litchi? My initial thought is that your camera should be shooting ahead further, on the POI? But maybe your intent was to shoot downward a bit...
I also agree with AH-1G, too many field shots. Maybe an orbit shot of the main building would be cool.
Not bad overall though. If your'e like me you watch it over and over, tweak it many times until you really like it.

This project was shot for a consortium of cities publicizing a nearly 50 mile bike trail system. Filming took place over 4 days with lots of cooperation and planning with the associated chambers of commerce. Pre-planning this job took quite a bit of time arranging 'models' and shooting locations. I shot this utilizing 6 different camers including a P4P for the majority of the aerials and an I1. Airspace was no issue over the span of this trail system (all Class G.)
The client(s) were extremely pleased with the production, developed mainly for their website and social media which generated response beyiond their expectations... so much so that another community just joined to group to extend the trail system.

This project was shot for a consortium of cities publicizing a nearly 50 mile bike trail system. Filming took place over 4 days with lots of cooperation and planning with the associated chambers of commerce. Pre-planning this job took quite a bit of time arranging 'models' and shooting locations. I shot this utilizing 6 different camers including a P4P for the majority of the aerials and an I1. Airspace was no issue over the span of this trail system (all Class G.)
The client(s) were extremely pleased with the production, developed mainly for their website and social media which generated response beyiond their expectations... so much so that another community just joined to group to extend the trail system.

Nice work. The idea is attractive too, I wish I had it in my area :)

The man on the bike with those fat wheels where he's going? I've seen motorbikes with thinner wheels than that bike :rolleyes:

The man on the bike with those fat wheels where he's going? I've seen motorbikes with thinner wheels than that bike :rolleyes:
Thanks. That was actually my bike pictured. Fat tire bikes are a big thing around here. It was setup as a camera rig for this purpose!

Thanks. That was actually my bike pictured. Fat tire bikes are a big thing around here. It was setup as a camera rig for this purpose!

Is that you? xDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I thought it was very curious and to think about how hard it must be to move her.........

As a medium of transport for the camera makes more sense :)

Is that you? xDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I thought it was very curious and to think about how hard it must be to move her.........

As a medium of transport for the camera makes more sense :)
Hahaha, no my assistant on this job. Shall we call him a Grip in this case? The extra cushioning provided by the tires also helped the multiple gimbals that were attached. I was running other cameras at set shot locations as the models moved through our list. My 1-ton dually moves her fat arse around with no issues. :)

Reactions: ArrUnTuS
Those fat wheels keep the bike afloat in case you fell into the water.;):rolleyes:
They sure make snow riding viable! And triple the workout on dry pavement. My assistant had never rode a fat tire bike before and was ready to pass out after covering some miles those days.

Reactions: AH-1G
It feels good to laugh a little bit now and then :D

Mounting a good damping system, not only on the bike's included fat wheels, also on the camera and a gimbal can be a better idea than the one i had to mount a remote control car.

My very first hire was a wedding shoot for a video/photo wedding package company. Directives: 1 hour shoot of venue from the air. No one should be onsite, raw, unedited footage, etc. Fair money.

Well, it being my first wedding shoot, and very close by, I set up a Litchi mission as a base line with plans to do more takes after that. The Litchi mission was to give me a good sense of the place - which I could then use to craft some specific shots, etc.

All the best plans ... vendor game me the wrong address (fortunately I arrived 2 hours early to scout) so the Litchi mission was a scrub, 2nd, the place was crawling with guests, workers and party members needing to be omitted from any shots, only 1 person there knew I was coming and they did not surface until 15 minutes before the clock ran out ...

I got some great [raw] clips in spite of all of this and never saw the finished product of course. All in all I cannot admit to being surprised frankly.

NEXT ...

(The vendor offered nothing except an email apology about sending me to the wrong address).

Reactions: ArrUnTuS
My very first hire was a wedding shoot for a video/photo wedding package company. Directives: 1 hour shoot of venue from the air. No one should be onsite, raw, unedited footage, etc. Fair money.

Well, it being my first wedding shoot, and very close by, I set up a Litchi mission as a base line with plans to do more takes after that. The Litchi mission was to give me a good sense of the place - which I could then use to craft some specific shots, etc.

All the best plans ... vendor game me the wrong address (fortunately I arrived 2 hours early to scout) so the Litchi mission was a scrub, 2nd, the place was crawling with guests, workers and party members needing to be omitted from any shots, only 1 person there knew I was coming and they did not surface until 15 minutes before the clock ran out ...

I got some great [raw] clips in spite of all of this and never saw the finished product of course. All in all I cannot admit to being surprised frankly.

NEXT ...

(The vendor offered nothing except an email apology about sending me to the wrong address).

It seems that only the good is told, unfortunately the bad, like what you have told, it is also necessary to tell it because your experiences make us be warned to others. You can learn a lot from bad things, too. Thank you for sharing :)

Reactions: Avocet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM