Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Commercial license application questions.

Philztoy

Reaction score
I'm A licensed pilot.
I took the AC 451 course and entered the certificate.
I applied on the IACRA FAA site.
I hit submit on the application and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I am near PTK in Waterford MI. (Detroit area) I have friends that are examiners and such.

Do I need an examiner to approve the application or is it in the system and not showing it?

Does anybody know of a local examiner I can go to? Or are there other options?

Let me know the next steps if you can.

Phil

Last edited:
Ok, replying to my own post.... I called a local FAA designated examiner and I only need any licensed flight instructor pilot to sign off on my IACRA App. and it goes through. So that is the plan.

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum :)

Glad you found your answer. I was gonna tell you the same thing. Mine did it for a 1hr "rate".

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking and posting in the other forums for awhile. For some reason my login there didn't work here.

I am glad the answer is confirmed. I can probably get mine to do it for a beer (and I'll probably throw in some helicopter time after he finishes the annual on it!).

I can never make up my mind whether its better to fly in them or fly them remotely with a camera.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking and posting in the other forums for awhile. For some reason my login there didn't work here.

Even though the forums look, act, smell (LOL) the same they are actually individual and each one requires it's own username and password. Imagine having 15 (and counting) to log into and manage :)

I am glad the answer is confirmed. I can probably get mine to do it for a beer (and I'll probably throw in some helicopter time after he finishes the annual on it!).

I can never make up my mind whether its better to fly in them or fly them remotely with a camera.

SCORE!!

Flying IN THEM for sure!! I do like RPIC but it's hard to beat the FEEL of it :)[/QUOTE]

There is something to be said about the seat of the pants feel of flying! :)

But the drones are pretty convenient with some similarly nice views :)

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM