Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Considerations for Solar Inspection

MedicFL1

Reaction score
Website
www.aboveandbeyond.global
Forgive me for insisting, but ignorance is what it has :rolleyes:

For example, to inspect solar panels it has to be an infrared camera with the whole spectrum? Wouldn't the Sequioia be valid? I asked because I find it interesting to have both IR and RGB.

Apart from Sequoia, I have access to a Flir vue pro R and the idea I already had is to adapt a small RGB camera to get the two images, synchronize them and make it easier to visually understand the data being viewed.

Would both options be valid? Just one? Advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks to both of you :)
There are many an Inspire 1 v2 x3 or x5 with FLIR Vue Pro R 's attached doing this work now. So i would not discount what you already seem to have in equipment. After all, that was why DJI made the Matrice 210, for its dual camera capabilities and adding flight time over say, the Inspire 1.

ArrUnTuS

Reaction score
There are many an Inspire 1 v2 x3 or x5 with FLIR Vue Pro R 's attached doing this work now. So i would not discount what you already seem to have in equipment. After all, that was why DJI made the Matrice 210, for its dual camera capabilities and adding flight time over say, the Inspire 1.
Yeah, that's the idea. In my case an HD RGB camera and the Vue Pro R. What I haven't found yet is a Picture In Picture mixing module. To be able to superimpose the thermal image to the RGB that already has more resolution.

If anyone knows of any small module that does, it would be a very interesting information :)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DronesFanatic