Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Continue to Learn - Now drones

Flying Squirrel

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you to those who set up and administer this site. I am truly green not only with envy for your hobby, job, and skills, but to this industry. Currently, I am a railroad conductor with a Class 1 Rail Carrier and love the work and my regular job and have been 'playing with trains' for over a decade now. Previously, I worked in many different vocations including 6 years in the Air Force during the time we gave Saddam the boot from Kuwait.

For years I have been wanting to get into this upward bound industry not only as a hobby but as another vocation that l could earn income from while loving the work. My wife apparently was listening as she purchased my first quadcopter, a Mavic 2 Zoom, for me for Christmas. I was dumbstruck and grateful. She allowed me to exchange it for the drone I wanted to start with which is the Autel Evo II Pro 6K Rugged Bundle. I received it in hand 2 days ago and went thru everything and got familiar with controls. I have been reading many industry and hobby sites as well as hard print about drones over the years trying to keep familiar and current with the changes that are always ongoing and the future of drones.

My hope is that this site will give me rock solid guidance and information to steer me in the right direction for making a business out of this desire to fly remotely. I look forward to learning as much as I can from each and every one of you. I reside in the frozen tundra of Minnesota.

Welcome to the club. Make sure you register your drone for commercial use. Get your 107 license, and practice a lot.
This forum is dedicated to those of us that use drones for commercial purposes. There are many good and very knowledgeable people on this forum, as for me I'm just an old pud knocker.

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

She allowed me to exchange it for the drone I wanted to start with which is the Autel Evo II Pro
That's a very good swap! You will be very pleased with that decision. Depending upon what direction you decide to go, regardless of software platform I would highly suggest the DroneDeploy forum as a very good resource for mapping and general processing guidance. I moderate that forum and eagerly engage, but am also here and you are welcome to PM. Welcome to the family!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143