Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Covid-19 Spraying

LeeB

Reaction score
Is anyone using a drone to do interior spraying for the coronavirus?

Can you tell me what equipment you are using?

Thanks in advance.

Drone and Interior spraying? Seems like other equipment might be better suited for this application.
Not necessarily. Imagine a 2 million square foot automobile plant, or a stadium, Or a conference center. There are cases where a drone would be significantly faster, safer, and provide better coverage. The issue would be flying in atti mode.although, I wonder if RTK might help with that.

Not necessarily. Imagine a 2 million square foot automobile plant, or a stadium, Or a conference center. There are cases where a drone would be significantly faster, safer, and provide better coverage. The issue would be flying in atti mode.although, I wonder if RTK might help with that.
There are multiple companies claiming drones can be 14 times faster than pack-pack sprayers and they are selling drones in 5, 10, 15 and even 20 liter variants. Indoors without GPS would be for only the most experiance pilots.

Reactions: R.Perry
Nope, it won't.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean its a good idea to do it. It requires considerably more experience piloting and UAS manually without any safety net which I doubt the average pilot possesses.
Nobody said anything about it being easy or a job for an average pilot.

Look up Lucid D1 Disinfecting Drone at www.luciddronetech.com. They offer a lease deal. For purchase opportunities; one company is HSE-UAV www.HSE-UAV.com, They have 5 and 15 litter drones. Finally, Drone Nerds are DJI dealers on the East Coast and can help with Agras T16 and T20.

Reactions: BigAl07
No..but the EPA does, which means a Pesticide license will more than likely be needed before spraying any type of "disinfectant".

While YES with the EPA it's still true Part 137 will not be required in an INSIDE facility since the FAA will not be involved (nor do they want to be).

Look up Lucid D1 Disinfecting Drone at www.luciddronetech.com. They offer a lease deal. For purchase opportunities; one company is HSE-UAV www.HSE-UAV.com, They have 5 and 15 litter drones. Finally, Drone Nerds are DJI dealers on the East Coast and can help with Agras T16 and T20.
We are one of those East Coast Agras dealers. DJI Agras MG-1P, T16, and "T20 conversion" parts all in stock.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes interestingly many countries have legalized the use of drone for spraying. USA approved use of drones in 2018 for pesticide spraying in the fields. Now various institutions are using it for spraying against previously anti-dengue spraying has also been done with help of of drones like DJI MG-1P, DJI Agras T16, phantom 4 and many more. It is a good sign that the world is going to be more technology adopting.

Last edited:
You would also need a Part 137 License!

Most of the 137 endorsement is about dealing with poisons chemicals and medical knowledge pertaining to the effects of certain chemicals, there is also a performance test associated with it. It is specifically for Agricultural spraying. If you were only spraying disinfectants I question if you would need that endorsement, but I would definitely check with big brother for clarification. There is a lot to learn for that endorsement. Oh, there is one other qualification, you must be nuts.
Most of Europe has banned aerial spraying and I don't think it will be long before the US may do the same, and that will really hurt the ag industry.

As for flying indoors, I don't see a problem as long as you can control your drone well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN