Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Daylight Waiver Denied

zalo

Reaction score
I recently applied for a daylight waiver that was denied. I have received no information regarding the reason for the denial. Over a year ago I applied and was granted a night waiver for my personal use. I'm now seeking a waiver for the business I work at. With minor differences the same wording was used on both applications.

With the flat denial how do I know what area of the application was deficient?

Have the requirements changed now that waivers are completed at the FAADroneZone website?

Reactions: rfaaj
Sometimes when they see language that has just been copied from previous COA.W requests, they reject it because they don't think you gave it enough thought. Not a good idea to copy and paste.

I recently applied for a daylight waiver that was denied. I have received no information regarding the reason for the denial. Over a year ago I applied and was granted a night waiver for my personal use. I'm now seeking a waiver for the business I work at. With minor differences the same wording was used on both applications.

With the flat denial how do I know what area of the application was deficient?

Have the requirements changed now that waivers are completed at the FAADroneZone website?
Just had mine denied too without any other info. Looking forward to hearing from the FAA about where I need to provide better documentation.

It's been well over a week and I have not received nor is there any additional information on the denial of the application. So, I guess it's time to start contacting someone who can provide additional details. But, where to start; the nearest FSDO? I'm not seeing anything else relevant on the FAA's contact page.

It's been well over a week and I have not received nor is there any additional information on the denial of the application. So, I guess it's time to start contacting someone who can provide additional details. But, where to start; the nearest FSDO? I'm not seeing anything else relevant on the FAA's contact page.
I was going through the same thing for a few weeks, then logged in to my FAA Drone Zone (FAA DroneZone) account and found the FAA posted their letter there and gave their reasoning. Give it a try; you should find your notice from the FAA there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143