Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Daylight Waiver Question about Geography

AcesFull

Reaction score
I want to apply for a Daylight Waiver to market some ideas I have in my home town. I'm Gold Seal alumni so I believe I have the knowledge to complete the application and comply with the terms of the waiver. My question is, and I've searched high and low is about specific geographical location. Will I need to specify 'where' I want this waiver? Or does it apply anywhere in the US when I'm complying with all other regs? Do I need one for my city, the city next to me, and all cities I want to market my ideas or just one general 'Daylight Waiver'?

Thanks. I love this forum and hope to someday become a productive contributor.

I want to apply for a Daylight Waiver to market some ideas I have in my home town. I'm Gold Seal alumni so I believe I have the knowledge to complete the application and comply with the terms of the waiver. My question is, and I've searched high and low is about specific geographical location. Will I need to specify 'where' I want this waiver? Or does it apply anywhere in the US when I'm complying with all other regs? Do I need one for my city, the city next to me, and all cities I want to market my ideas or just one general 'Daylight Waiver'?

I wrote Class G airspace on my authorization request. Figured if I get into controlled airspace I would then try to use LAANC approval number for class G. Not sure if Class G approval will also work if I need to get authorized through LAANC. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.

Regards,
JD

Reactions: AcesFull

The waiver should grant you authorization for any class Gulf airspace.

Reactions: AcesFull
I wrote Class G airspace on my authorization request. Figured if I get into controlled airspace I would then try to use LAANC approval number for class G. Not sure if Class G approval will also work if I need to get authorized through LAANC. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.

Regards,
JD
As Luis stated, the 107.29 "Daylight Waiver" will be for Class G airspace. After you have the 107.29, if you want authorization for night ops in controlled airspace you'll have to submit a separate 107.41 application for an "Authorization with Waiver Attached" for each Class B, C, D, or E controlled airspace you wish to operate in. The LAANC system can only be used for operations during daylight hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann