Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Daytime Waiver Communication method

Kaifect

Reaction score
Website
www.kaifect.com
I received a reply from the FAA requesting more information about communication between PIC and VOs. ·

"The method(s) your remote Pilot in Command (PIC) and Visual Observers (VOs) will use to communicate."

Any suggestions?

They asked me the same question. In my mind, I'm saying, "They're standing right next to each other, so they communicate with their mouths, duh! Letters form syllables. Syllables form words. Words form cohesive communication with phrases and sentences."

But, I decided this sounded better than being a smart*ss ....

For most missions, the flight crew will be in very close proximity to each other, allowing for unassisted verbal communication. If radio communication is required, the Pilot shall account for the latency in communication by modifying operation of the aircraft as the situation warrants.

Reactions: Kaifect
One method of communications with a VO would be to use cell phones using only one side of earbuds. This would be pretty much a no latency method of communication if the VO is very far away. You would have one ear to listen for manned flights.

Reactions: Kaifect
But, I decided this sounded better than being a smart*ss ....

With these FAA subcontractors, it can be really challenging to hold back sometimes. Some of their questions are so ....

I think if their 10 year old told them they were going outside to play with the neighbor, they would ask them to explain how they were going to do that, lol.

Yeah they probably would and the only thing you could say would be to pull the earbud out and put your phone on speakerphone mode having it in a clip on your belt I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku