Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Deleted posting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbolman

Reaction score
Is there a way to determine who removed a post that I made? I want to be sure to block them from my view if possible considering the completely ignorant, racist and pathetic reason they gave for removing it.
Thanks.

Reactions: Hammerhead 6 Actual
To my knowledge only Admin & Moderators can remove. You indicate a reason given... can't you reply to that Prvt Conversation? Doesn't the message with reason provide a identity?

Reactions: BigAl07
To my knowledge only Admin & Moderators can remove. You indicate a reason given... can't you reply to that Prvt Conversation? Doesn't the message with reason provide a identity?
Thanks for the reply. That's what I suspected.
The notification didn't come in as a private conversation, but rather as an alert stating it was deleted with "Reason:" included in the description.
The fun part is that the video(s) this person had 'issues' with weren't mine. It was a link to a facebook video that apparently had other videos in the queue.
Meh, whatever. It's probably hard to block a moderator.

Someone is most certainly paying for this forum to exist and I think it's only fair that they get to dictate the rules here. I know there is a big debate about online freedom of speech, but technically (in the USA) freedom of speech means no one is going to come arrest you for expressing a contrarian viewpoint. The person(s) paying for this site aren't obligated to store/publish content that they don't think contributes positively to the community they are building and supporting. It's super easy to setup your own site, post anything you like, and control the content yourself. I know it sucks to have your post deleted (I've had that happen to myself in other places ... sometimes my sense of humor doesn't work very well beyond the boundaries of my own skull.) My advice is to make a positive contribution, ask interesting questions, answer questions when you know the answer.

Normally I would just simply issue the required "warnings/points" and delete this thread but let's make this a LEARNING moment... shall we?

A) The OP needs to take a moment to read the Community Rules which were voluntarily agreed to by the OP

B) Pay special attention to the following items:
8. Be mindful of yourself and others. This community is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we determine the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our team may result in immediate suspension of your account.

9. Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

C) Pay VERY close attention to:
14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

D) The "deleted post in question" was deleted by one of our Staff members and it just happens to also be the person who created the thread the post was deleted in. While it's entirely possible the original "issue" was a misunderstanding, your actions in this thread are what you're being graded on. You taking it to this level and then insulting etc took it to a new low. This is your first and ONLY warning about such actions!!

E)
You can't BLOCK a Moderator/Admin. We are on the backside of those tools and as such we see all content.

If you'd like to "discuss" this any further I'll be leaving you a PM in just a moment which you are more than welcome to reply to.

Sincerely,
Allen
Pilot ADMIN Team

PS: Thread CLOSED! See Admin if you need any further assistance in this type of matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM