Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Disconnect Switch - Plate - Can't read :(

Nitz

Reaction score
Anyone know what this says?
Someone painted over one of the plates on our disconnect switche and I can't make out what it says.

Attachments

• 2018-09-17_11-48-52.png
    2018-09-17_11-48-52.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 31
Might suggest a wire brush to him. It works wonders to clean a surface. The added bonus is the paint will highlight the stamped letters and be easier to read.

Unfortunately, it's on an energized 115kV line - so only way to wire brush it would be to de-energize the line so we can send a crew up. We were hoping to use the UAS to NOT have to do that :(

Unfortunately, it's on an energized 115kV line - so only way to wire brush it would be to de-energize the line so we can send a crew up. We were hoping to use the UAS to NOT have to do that :(

I can see the problem now. So, do you like your substation manager? The brush might still be an option....

Reactions: BigAl07

From the looks of things this will be a hands-on scenario. I doubt anyone is going to trust the simple word of mouth from a keyboard warrior (right or wrong) in this situation.

I for one wouldn't but that's just me. I don't trust any of y'all especially that @R Martin guy LOL (just kidding).

Reactions: R Martin
From the looks of things this will be a hands-on scenario. I doubt anyone is going to trust the simple word of mouth from a keyboard warrior (right or wrong) in this situation.

I for one wouldn't but that's just me. I don't trust any of y'all especially that @R Martin guy LOL (just kidding).

You might be able to bead blast it clean and still stay out of harms way...glass beads are non-conductive. I don't, by nature, expose myself to high power so I am not sure of the required PPE you would need to prevent yourself from french frying yourself on 115KV.

And Al is right, I don't trust me either so a wire brush is certainly out of the question....unless you really don't like your substation manager...

Thanks everyone.
In discussing with our operations group, they will be taking the sub offline in order to send a crew up to get the information. I tried to pitch the need to purchase the z30 camera, but no-go :(

Thanks everyone.
In discussing with our operations group, they will be taking the sub offline in order to send a crew up to get the information. I tried to pitch the need to purchase the z30 camera, but no-go :(

I'm sorry you weren't able to leverage a new camera and perform the work. I waste a lot of time doing all the pre-planning and budget work on a lot of projects here that vanish like a fart in the wind. There will be other opportunities for you to expand your capabilities. Just be ready for them as they arise. Oh, and don't be disappointed. This stuff happens all the time...far more often than jobs that actually go from start to finish in my realm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV