Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Customer Support :=O

Avocet

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.kestrelsolutionsuav.com
Sorry gang, Sorry for starting a new forum with a complaint.

I tried and tried to avoid having to deal with DJI support after years of horror stories (admitting that the support victories are rarely posted).

Anyway, my GL300C controller failed. The right stick would no longer calibrate forward and reverse movements on an otherwise completely pristine controller.

I sent it in.

I was hoping DJI would repair it. I knew I was out of warranty by a couple of months.

Result, and I'll save the incredible phone calls (like" we don't repair controllers") ...

They replaced and charged for several parts like the screen mount holder both shell pieces and finally the motherboard and wanted approximately 250 USD to do it.

This was CLEARLY a hardware failure on a pristine unit. My hope was that they would stand behind this obvious defective unit and replace it for a reasonable cost. They finally discounted the repair cost by $45 dollars.

I have not received the unit back as of this writing.

I own several DJI products and 5 other quads as I instruct sUAS at the school I teach at. They did not seem to give much of a [Language Removed] for this.

IMO, this type of failure was extremely premature and/or the result of a defect in the circuitry of the unit. It nearly cost me a P3P as I flew a filming mission and could not return the quad to me unless I yawed 90 deg. and flew it with the right stick - left yaw. This was also a water born mission so I'd say I got lucky I did.

Do you think a DJI $205 repair bill was warranted?

... waiting to see when and what UPS brings me ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Phantom forum would be a better place for this information, but other owners will probably chime in.

I don't own any DJI products so I was wondering if you think the benefits of DJI drones outweigh the problems?

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry gang, Sorry for starting a new forum with a complaint.

I tried and tried to avoid having to deal with DJI support after years of horror stories (admitting that the support victories are rarely posted).

Anyway, my GL300C controller failed. The right stick would no longer calibrate forward and reverse movements on an otherwise completely pristine controller.

I sent it in.

I was hoping DJI would repair it. I knew I was out of warranty by a couple of months.

Result, and I'll save the incredible phone calls (like" we don't repair controllers") ...

They replaced and charged for several parts like the screen mount holder both shell pieces and finally the motherboard and wanted approximately 250 USD to do it.

This was CLEARLY a hardware failure on a pristine unit. My hope was that they would stand behind this obvious defective unit and replace it for a reasonable cost. They finally discounted the repair cost by $45 dollars.

I have not received the unit back as of this writing.

I own several DJI products and 5 other quads as I instruct sUAS at the school I teach at. They did not seem to give much of a Rat's A$$ for this.

IMO, this type of failure was extremely premature and/or the result of a defect in the circuitry of the unit. It nearly cost me a P3P as I flew a filming mission and could not return the quad to me unless I yawed 90 deg. and flew it with the right stick - left yaw. This was also a water born mission so I'd say I got lucky I did.

Do you think a DJI $205 repair bill was warranted?

... waiting to see when and what UPS brings me ...

I do not think $205 is warranted for this repair. If anything shipping costs only. I have a failed Inspire 2 battery with 17 charges on it. It is a year old or 6 months over warranty.(6 months/200 charges is the warranty). To copy your conclusion statement, "IMO, this type of failure was extremely premature and/or the result of a defect in the circuitry of the unit.".
My battery was properly used and stored as were the other three batteries which are in perfect condition .I've been thinking about submitting a ticket to DJI but it sounds fruitless. And their recommendation is to to purchase two so they will be paired. One battery fail....purchase two?????? Whata..Whata? I do love the Inspire 2 but sometimes stuff like this happens that makes you scratch your head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM