Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Drones Comply With New Transport Canada Requirements For Advanced Operations

Yesterday DJI released this news at this link:DJI Drones Comply With New Transport Canada Requirements For Advanced Operations It does not show up on Transport Canada's list yet though.
Don't worry about it, at the moment the new regs don't come into effect till June and it is tool cold to have instructors do flight tests. The flight test I booked isn't until April, but the instructor said I would be ok with my Phantom 4.

What concerns me is TC pulling the certificate for a drone because of a software glitch, like the world forced the FAA to do with Boeing. I remember when DJI pushed out a firmware the caused stability problems and caused loss of control if flown into the invisible "controlled" airspace, even when there was permission to enter on the perimeter. Forcing a drone to land is not the smartest idea. A pilot needs to have control at all times.

Yesterday DJI released this news at this link:DJI Drones Comply With New Transport Canada Requirements For Advanced Operations It does not show up on Transport Canada's list yet though.
Missing from the current list, but DJI is on the new regulation list effective June 1, 2019. See link for details.

Missing from the current list, but DJI is on the new regulation list effective June 1, 2019. See link for details.

What is missing is the ability to "fly near people" with any DJI product. Hopefully they will submit more documentation

Reactions: jimmymac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM