Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Drones rejected

Yes. I was asked to provide a proposal for a contract for a DOE project and it was stipulated that only equipment on the Blue sUAS list was acceptable. A commical side story is that one of the deliverables they were requesting was lidar generated point clouds. They weren't happy to learn that none of the craft on the list are able to carry a lidar array.

Yes. It cost me approx $8k; canceled contract in mid-stream. Defense contractor. They followed the Army's lead. Fallout from the paranoia surrounding DJI supposedly sending data back to the motherland. To this day, I have not seen any conclusive evidence that's the case. All speculation. Convince me otherwise...

Reactions: R.Perry
Yes. in preliminary conversations with some BLM staff this spring, was sent a copy of an internal memo prohibiting use of, or contracting with, anyone using a Chinese-made UAS. The local employees/attorney decided to interpret that as 'no use of any UAVs until further notice'. I've purchased and EVO II to have as an alternative for future projects...

Reactions: R.Perry
Yes - I have a monthly contract on an Air Force base and I was not able to get approval with any DJI platform - I am using Autel

This is really interesting because I just lost a mapping job next to McClellan airport that use to be McClellan Airforce base. Drone Deploy would not fly the mapping and still have not had a response from them as to why. I'm wondering if McClellan still has some of the Air Forces gear operating on the airport.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN