Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Battery Repair Service

BigNutz

Reaction score
Anyone know if this a thing? I bought this drone from one of those guys who bought it new, flew it twice, and never flew it again. I knew he had listed it with a bad battery, and I asked him to include it before realizing the ***-wagon amount of effort required to just get the case to split, which I assume would not bode well for that OEM fit and finish I would hope for if I ever actually got to the point of reassembly. Seems most of the YouTube disassembly videos which begin as an effort to actually repair the unit, but when all pretty much eventually descending into watching a rage induced savagery with battery bits everywhere.

This inop battery was the OEM included with the drone when purchased new. It provides no light indications when plugged it into the factory charger or if the buttons are pressed. The physical integrity of all components are normal, no cell expansion, I keep forgetting my multimeter at work, so I'm not able to determine if any measurable voltage will be present, but I'm suspect not. If it were anything else, I'd be looking inside for what is probably a failed solder connection.

Any thoughts? Are these batteries really this fickle that his lack of use for over a year killed the **** thing? That's pretty disappointing if so, but I'm open to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143