Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Price Increase - 5 Days Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Drone Supply

Reaction score
If you weren’t already aware, due to the additional tariff of 10% on Chinese imports going into effect on September 1, 2019, many DJI products will incur a price increase. We’ve highlighted top-selling products below that we encourage you to purchase by August 31, 2019 before the price is subject to increase. You can shop these items, as well as many others on our website: Florida Drone Supply.

• Mavic and Mavic 2 Series (Aircrafts, Smart Controllers, Batteries)
  • Smart Controllers and CrystalSky Monitors
  • Matrice Series (M200, M210, M210 RTK, M600)
  • Phantom 4 RTK Series
  • Zenmuse Z30, X5R, X5, X7, and XT2 (9Hz models only)
  • Batteries (TB50, TB55, TB47S, TB48S, TB47D, TB48D, WB37)
  • Osmo Series (Action, Pocket, Pro, + and Mobile)
  • RoboMaster S1
  • Spark Series
This is not an exhaustive list of DJI price increases. For further details, inquire within.

Price increases are a big part of what tariffs are all about. When overseas manufacturers have to raise their prices to a level where domestic manufacturers can effectively compete in manufacturing costs, product manufacturing and the associated jobs come home.

Pretty hard to compete with a country that compels school children to work manufacturing jobs for 10 hour days at 1.42/hour for a 6 day work week while paying the schools $0.40/hour for providing the labor force. Failure to comply puts the kids and their families on a government undesirable list that penalizes them across every facet of their daily lives. Toss in virtually no environmental or safety regulations and any country with fair labor practices is sidelined. Easy to make things cheap when you have no concerns about employee safety, workman’s comp, disability, polluting the air or river, poisoning the ground, or assuring public safety during transportation. Even better when the government underwrites your cost of operations.

Oh yea, the tariffs are seriously benefitting almost every sector of the U.S. but many haven’t figured that out yet. Fewer have figured out the profit margin for Chinese drone manufacturers is tremendous because of the practices they employ. That $1,000.00 drone likely costs only $100.00 or so to make over there. What’s ticking them off is the tariffs have to be paid before their products can leave customs.

Reactions: AdoSA
Well my main point was that 5 days from now now is different from 5 days from now when the thread was started. :) So with each passing day the thread title becomes less and less accurate. I was trying to make a joke about the thread title, not tweak anyone's political perspectives.

I knew what you had meant. In a couple more days the title will have to change to Higher DJI prices or something.

I suppose it only really matters for the dealers clearing their shelves. Most DJI products are listed as out of stock at the DJI site.

The Chineese terriff apply to all Chinese drones, electronics, etc... this will impact the smaller companies survivabilty more than the larger ones.

I view it as much a needed action... overdue, and have no need to purchase any major Chineese hardware during the terriff. That's actually a positive, the less USA purchases during the tariff the stronger that positions the USA and weakens China.

Although, many of the Chinees prices probably won't come down if the terriff is successful... that is a major part of the objective, the other is product to China.

But, inversely... those that have product already, your inventory just took an increase in value... used prices closer to your purchase price.

Total labor price does add significantly to cost... again, the inverse is true in USA. The cost to make smaller products, one major "high" price component is total labor price: drones, ties or jeans. Doesn't nesscearly make it better, but it is significantly higher priced in USA. Good 'Ole Blue Jeans by major brands... exact same product, USA labor would add majorly to the price... many things that's good... some things better to pay 20% tariff than 4-6x the price if USA made.

Oh yea, the tariffs are seriously benefitting almost every sector of the U.S.

This is an opinion that is not shared by very many in the business community, nor the vast majority of economists.

Oh, and so far it looks like the cost to the average consumer will average right around $1,000

I kind of look at it as just because they have the title doesn’t mean they know what they are talking about, or have any interest but their personal at stake.

A couple years back Boeing wanted to sell some airliners to China. China said sure but you’ll have to build them in China, factory at Boeing’s expense, and open up Boeing aero and engine technology for China to use.

Sound like a fair trade deal to you?

Don't forget that Boeing is a company that takes 10's of Billions of dollars from the US gov't each year in defense contracts. I don't know what the name for that kind of economic system is, but it's not your classic market driven capitalism. Companies like lockheed martin have practically no civilian customers, just one very captive and friendly customer ... the usa gov't. Tax payers send trillions of $$$ to the USA gov't which turns around and spends 10's of billions each in sweet heart sole supplier contracts to big USA corporations. The money exchange process and terminology is probably totally different from China's approach, but is the end result so dissimilar?

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, and I'm not here to make comments on the size of USA military spending. I'm just adding a reminder of this side of the equation to the discussion. I don't know what is "fair", but I think the whole situation is often way over simplified in the media, and certain aspects are often forgotten about in the discussion.

If you were China (a political and economic rival to the usa) and sitting down with one of these companies that is totally in bed with the USA gov't for billions of defense contracts ... what would you propose as your ideal terms. If you were Boeing, it would be up to you to counter offer if the China offer isn't actually fair, and it would be your duty to only move forward if the final deal was fair to your company. No idea if Boeing slows down to consider what is fair to our country (USA). I don't know any answers or what to call any of this, but it's a whole lot messier and convoluted than I think is often being portrayed.

Last edited:
If you weren’t already aware, due to the additional tariff of 10% on Chinese imports going into effect on September 1, 2019, many DJI products will incur a price increase. We’ve highlighted top-selling products below that we encourage you to purchase by August 31, 2019 before the price is subject to increase. You can shop these items, as well as many others on our website: Florida Drone Supply.

• Mavic and Mavic 2 Series (Aircrafts, Smart Controllers, Batteries)
  • Smart Controllers and CrystalSky Monitors
  • Matrice Series (M200, M210, M210 RTK, M600)
  • Phantom 4 RTK Series
  • Zenmuse Z30, X5R, X5, X7, and XT2 (9Hz models only)
  • Batteries (TB50, TB55, TB47S, TB48S, TB47D, TB48D, WB37)
  • Osmo Series (Action, Pocket, Pro, + and Mobile)
  • RoboMaster S1
  • Spark Series
This is not an exhaustive list of DJI price increases. For further details, inquire within.
Where are the promised price increases?
September 2nd, and no price changes...
Hmmm...

Where are the promised price increases?
September 2nd, and no price changes...
Hmmm...
Dated Sept 4th

So I just go buy the [near] functional equivalent of a DJI drone from a USA company now, right? I don't want to sound negative on the tariffs, but including dji sounds more punitive than protective because the window of opportunity to save the 3dr solo came and went a couple years ago.

Yuneec released a new mini drone yesterday at a pretty low price point. Don’t know how well it works though.

Funny that a DJI dealer came out with a “hurry, buy now” ad just a few days before another brand released a new product.

Dated Sept 4th
I was basing my post upon FloridaDroneSupply prices, which I understood him to say he would increase on September 1, but didn't. However, now it appears that most places are selling their remaining DJI stock on hand at old prices until they sell out. He apparently sold out because of this thread, even though the price increases didn't take place until September 4th, three days later, so, based upon a false date, he stole sales from other vendors who are still selling at the old prices, while he is not. Kind of sleazy, IMHO.

Last edited:
I was basing my post upon FloridaDroneSupply prices, which I understood him to say he would increase on September 1, but didn't. However, now it appears that most places are selling their remaining DJI stock on hand at old prices until they sell out. He apparently sold out because of this thread, even though the price increases didn't take place until September 4th, three days later, so, based upon a false date, he stole sales from other vendors who are still selling at the old prices, while he is not. Kind of sleazy, IMHO.
@GadgetGuy we're sorry that you feel this way. However, as any authorized DJI dealer will tell you, we have no control over pricing. DJI sets the prices. If you go to the DJI website, they have the exact same pricing as us. We play no games and make no false claims. We did not say we WOULD increase prices on September 1, we said anything purchased by August 31, 2019 would not be SUBJECT to the price increases. Again, as an authorized DJI dealer our prices should always match what is on the DJI website, and we had to await the official change from them to update our pricing as well. We were given no heads up as to when the new pricing would officially go into effect.

The timeline got a bit convoluted due to the long holiday weekend, but pricing was officially changed on Tuesday, September 3rd (at least that is when we received the updated pricing sheet from DJI to apply to our website). Hope that clears things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3