Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI says DOI’s drone program review has “lack of credible evidence”

Already captured and stored in this county is 100% of all digitally transmitted data. That includes cell phones. That’s public knowledge.

What’s not is what can be extracted from a cell phone from relatively nearby aerial assets. That’s the stuff that turns people into target coordinates.

So sneer at the surveillance society concept if you want, but that’s what some do for a living. If you ever took a nudie picture of your wife or girlfriend with your cell phone a couple government agencies might have them. If you ever sent one over the internet several agencies most certainly have them.

Reactions: R.Perry
Long discussion on possible ban, sensitive data, and the effects if enacted. I’ve considered it in multiple angles, and also considered the impact in multiple angles too. I‘ve felt if “drones” were a security concern, then most communication or transmission devices should be included such as cellular phones, smart TVs in every conference room, LAN Switches and Routers connected to sensitive networks & Internet, Video cameras, etc.

But only drones have been a focus of concern, which to the density of product and location they can exist hasn’t been very logical. It’s all appeared more economical focus and attempt to manipulate markets. Phones are on 24x7 and openly carried into every conceivable corner and any surf on YouTube displays video to areas often not allowed.

I’d strongly agree, Chinese espionage and data harvesting is a real concern. But it entails so much broader spectrum than drones and since that hasn’t opened up to include these other markets, kinda minimizes the threat as a reality... at least how it’s been presented. I don’t see Motorola or other communication, AV, Network companies adding encouragement to ban Apple, Samsung, etc.

In a similar way, that has recently been challenged and appears in path to reject the Chinese ban. Within this article are additional links future discussing the rejection of the bans.

Reactions: dronecyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM