Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Security Issues

mgraywv

Reaction score
Has anyone here that flies DJI drones lost any contracts due to potential security issues? I know all US government facilities have banned all dji products and components. My issue came this week when one of my clients who is a power plant asked me if I flew one of these Chinese manufactured drones. I did not lose my contract but am looking for a possible replacement. Just curious if anyone has come across a situation like mine.

Are you sure of that or just accepting what someone told you?

I work for a fairly large utility and can confirm that there was a request from Regulators to stop using certain manufacturers or provide some sort of mitigation plan to protect bulk electric system assets and sensitive information.

I'm currently trying to find a product to purchase to move our tiny drone operation to a more industrial level and was solicited by my boss to look at M210 alternatives, or provide adequate information to support purchasing the DJI product.

Has anyone here that flies DJI drones lost any contracts due to potential security issues? I know all US government facilities have banned all dji products and components. My issue came this week when one of my clients who is a power plant asked me if I flew one of these Chinese manufactured drones. I did not lose my contract but am looking for a possible replacement. Just curious if anyone has come across a situation like mine.

It may be worth looking into DJI Government Edition

I don't know anything about it but it may be worth discussing with your local DJI dealer. I've never had an issue with this but what "the customer wants the customer gets".
I have a DJI Enterprise dealer here in AZ (Scottsdale). They are experts on their Products.

Ask for Ali or Micah.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey all. Any updates on the security issues? I'm in the same boat...looking at the Matrice 210 RTK to upgrade. Any other drone companies even on par to consider?

I've been asked about flying non-DJI products recently. I'd hate to invest a ton of money on a DJI product if the new standard will be american made only.

My full time employment contract sates we cannot fly DJI drones at the end of the month. I have had many people ask if I have drones other then DJI. Its getting a little bit crazy. For a small business like me its not like I can just up and drop 20k on a Skydio X2, or 15K on a Teal Golden Eagle. Anyways I am mid build into a custom heavy lift Octocopter that can carry a Camera Solution that fits my needs. Hoping we are not laid off at the end of the month until they can come up with a solution. The client gave us a list, it was effectively a copy of the Blue UAS list. Most of those do not have any solutions for us to use. We require very high optical zoom cameras with at least 30 minute flight times.

My full time employment contract sates we cannot fly DJI drones at the end of the month. I have had many people ask if I have drones other then DJI. Its getting a little bit crazy. For a small business like me its not like I can just up and drop 20k on a Skydio X2, or 15K on a Teal Golden Eagle. Anyways I am mid build into a custom heavy lift Octocopter that can carry a Camera Solution that fits my needs. Hoping we are not laid off at the end of the month until they can come up with a solution. The client gave us a list, it was effectively a copy of the Blue UAS list. Most of those do not have any solutions for us to use. We require very high optical zoom cameras with at least 30 minute flight times.
Sorry to hear about this. As a drone distributor we faced a similar situation to offer NDAA compliant drones after some our major accounts had to accept this new standard (major power utilities and law enforcement agencies).

You might want to check out Inspired Flight. The IF750, IF1000, and IF1200 are US Made heavy lift drones capable of carrying large payloads (up to 8kg for the IF1200) for about 40 mins. Inspired Flight

We also sell Golden Eagle, FLIR ION M440, and the Parrot ANAFI USA. We don’t recommend the ANAFI USA but some clients still want it because it’s the least expensive of the Blue Drones.

Last we heard the Skydio will cost you $18K and you have to also sign up for a yearly subscription for their software which is a couple grand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM