Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI XT2 is revealed

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Some of y'all were asking about a replacement to the DJI XT thermal camera. Well I have a web-spy photo of it.
A bit of background.

After watching the demo release of the XT2 it is clearly not a new device as it is basically a modified to function FLIR DUO Pro with some functionally to fit the DJI M200 or M600.

Sorry as far as I know it will not fit the Inspire 1 or 2 for that matter.

Anyways here it is.

pQuESpOl.jpg

FLIR and DJI Collaborate on DJI Zenmuse XT2 with Thermal by FLIR

Last edited:
If Flir's original costs 8000€ I don't even want to think what this is going to cost :eek:

Anyway, very good camera.

If Flir's original costs 8000€ I don't even want to think what this is going to cost :eek:

Anyway, very good camera.

We just ordered a FLIR Duo Pro R. I'm sort of glad the visual RGB sensor was not the 20mp P4P sensor or I would have been sad :)

If you want to map with FLIR on an Inspire with a hard mount (no gimbal) you could add another stand alone GPS puck to feed GPS to the FLIR Duo Pro R (to geotag photos) then set the timer to 2 or 3 seconds through bluetooth on your phone just before takeoff, and set your speed for the desired frontlap. You would need to use waypoint mapping software that does not require a camera to show up as connected though, like UgCS.

Or if you really want some control add a pixhawk to the GPS and just trigger by distance having the pixhawk trigger the cameras.

The XT2 will be compatible with M200 series aircraft and the M600 Pro to start. We expect to see compatibility with the Wind series as well.

XT2 Flight Times with TB55s
M200 - 30 mins
M210 - 28 mins
M210 RTK - 25mins

M600 Pro running TB47s
31 minutes

For now the XT2 will only be compatible with DJI Pilot, DJI is working to add XT Pro app compatibility within the coming months.

Estimated to begin shipping in mid to late April.

We look forward to getting hands on with the XT2 and putting it through its paces along with some of the new payload SDK options. Any specific questions on any of these new payload options feel free to reach out to our enterprise team at [email protected] or myself directly at (424) 317-4454.

Thanks,
Taylor

Bit of a anti climax ey. Just like an i-phone. Old hat thats more expensive but easier to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC