Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Do you have a successful waiver document you'd like to share?

shooter

Reaction score
Website
www.lanl.gov
Fellow Remote Pilots,

It seems that the FAA is rather subjective when it comes to approval or denial, which is apparently the nature of the beast...but, if you're a 107 pilot who has been successful in obtaining waivers, this thread is intended to be a file repository if you are willing to share your successful waiver language with others as it could be of great benefit to others going through the process.

I've never had to write one, as we are in FAA-designated Restricted Air Space and as the "owners" of it, we can do anything we want up to 12,000 MSL within our boundaries. But, I think there are a ton of other 107s out there who would be able to benefit from the experience of others...if you are willing to share.

If you'd like to share, just reply with a file upload (PDF format is probably best).

Thanks in advance!

Open to thoughts or comments...

Reactions: NMUnmanned
Fellow Remote Pilots,

It seems that the FAA is rather subjective when it comes to approval or denial, which is apparently the nature of the beast...but, if you're a 107 pilot who has been successful in obtaining waivers, this thread is intended to be a file repository if you are willing to share your successful waiver language with others as it could be of great benefit to others going through the process.

I've never had to write one, as we are in FAA-designated Restricted Air Space and as the "owners" of it, we can do anything we want up to 12,000 MSL within our boundaries. But, I think there are a ton of other 107s out there who would be able to benefit from the experience of others...if you are willing to share.

If you'd like to share, just reply with a file upload (PDF format is probably best).

Thanks in advance!

Open to thoughts or comments...

I am happy to share any documents I have; only caveat is please no follow up requests for more information and no phone calls. Everything is offered "as is."

Attachments

• FAA NIGHT EXEMPTION APPLICATION signed.pdf
    202.2 KB · Views: 41
  • MPD EXAM for sUAS Night Flying.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 27
  • MPD NIGHT WAIVER APPL 06272017.pdf
    64.1 KB · Views: 27
  • MPD night Waiver Application req add information 107W-2017-02963.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 25
  • night waiver.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 27
  • MPD EXAM for sUAS Night Flying-ANSWERS.pdf