Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Don’t be like this guy..

R.P..R

Reaction score
Website
www.rprsolution.com
A months ago, I was flowed by a so-called commercial operator on Instagram and along with it, he has been asking for advice.

Instagram has this feature called “story” where you can post a video or photo which only last for 24hrs. I happened to be watching this individual’s Instagram story, and I happed to see this video.

I called him it out on it and in his defense, he stated that he knows his part 107 and in his mind, clearly he is not violating any FAA regulations.

What do you guys think is he violating any FAA regulations? [emoji23]

It doesn't look like there was an event occurring that would have triggered a TFR, airspace is Class G under a Class E transition area. Although the altitude shown in the telemetry is 480 ft, its possible the building is 80 or more feet tall and if so and he's within 400' horizontally of the building no problem with 107.51. He may be trespassing on the property where his car is parked, but I doubt it and that's not a concern to FAA. Vehicle doesn't appear to be moving either. The only problem I see is that he can't see most of the sky from inside his car and therefore not likely to be able to see and avoid manned aircraft and can't tell if he has line of sight to the drone.

If it was me, I wouldn't fly here unless I had a commercial purpose with permission from the stadium. I sure wouldn't be sitting in a car either.

Last edited:
A months ago, I was flowed by a so-called commercial operator on Instagram and along with it, he has been asking for advice.

Instagram has this feature called “story” where you can post a video or photo which only last for 24hrs. I happened to be watching this individual’s Instagram story, and I happed to see this video.

I called him it out on it and in his defense, he stated that he knows his part 107 and in his mind, clearly he is not violating any FAA regulations.

What do you guys think is he violating any FAA regulations? [emoji23]
I am clearly blind because I see an RC briefly and then the front of a stadium...?

IMG_1730.jpg
IMG_1733.jpg
View attachment 1605

He had more replies, but I just ignored and unfollowed.

There are so many bad apples out there (Instagram) And speaking of bad apples, earlier today, I had to land immediately, because there was someone flying a Mavics while I was mapping cement cache for Cemex. Yes, Mavics, two of them up in the air, who I just watched and prayed that one of collide with the other [emoji23]

The Cemex plant in Sount San Francisco is becoming a new hub for flying drones. A year ago it was just a couple FPV guys, but now there are none racing drones, due to the abandoned towers with graffiti, and empty streets in the commercial area during the weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mneeze