Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone based thermography quality and usability.

We actually got a reply from one of the vendors we approached. They sent us a couple of images. One was a converted file and that was perfectly usable in FLIR Tools.

The biggest downside of the M2EA I discovered is the lack of live thermal tuning abilities. That's a real downer for a thermographer. You might miss some smaller issues because of the automatic level/span.
Interesting and good to see... the "convertor" to move to FLIR format & Tools. Do you have any lead or pointer to where or who makes that convertor. I assume the convertor takes a DJI File and converts to FLIR file format?

In searching... I did find a purchased convertor product that takes 3rd Party thermal images and converts to FLIR R-JPEG & TIFF.
It does specifically state DJI to FLIR.

Reactions: MikeA
Interesting and good to see... the "convertor" to move to FLIR format & Tools. Do you have any lead or pointer to where or who makes that convertor. I assume the convertor takes a DJI File and converts to FLIR file format?
I will know soon. My boss went ahead and bought the M2EA. He got a sweet deal on a very complete package including all the needed and available drone courses and licenses for me and my colleagues.

If we get a lot of requests for dronework we can always expand and upgrade.

YES, User Defined Temp setting... any20220502_145920.jpg temps you want, here are pics and more pics of the options. It's a great sensor!!

More...

Attachments

• 20220502_150231.jpg
    20220502_150231.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220502_150159.jpg
    20220502_150159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220502_150117.jpg
    20220502_150117.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220502_145920.jpg
    20220502_145920.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220502_145858.jpg
    20220502_145858.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220502_145840.jpg
    20220502_145840.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220502_145831.jpg
    20220502_145831.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 11
YES, User Defined Temp setting... anyView attachment 3520 temps you want, here are pics and more pics of the options. It's a great sensor!!
Very nice, thanks for verifying!
That would be "nice software"... since same sensor as the M2EAdv, but software more advanced than provided by DJI SW.

That's interesting how the Autel SW for same Sensor is more feature rich on Thermo configurations.

I purchased the EVO2 Ent 6K (returned) with original plans to add one of the Thermal payloads. Wasn't overly impressed with craft and didn't hear positive comments on Thermo software. Your info changes that to where the EVO 2 Ent may be a good option.

I'll wait to hear what's available on the M30 for Thermo Software before decision.... the M30 isn't excessively higher in cost for the added capabilities within the payload & craft... and if possible, I'd prefer to use DJI with the expressions on the Autel site recently.

I love my EVOs to be frank, the RTK is spot on, I have the EVO RTK V1 units, not the enterprise units

Attachments

• MONEY.jpg
    MONEY.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: dougcjohn
YES, User Defined Temp setting... anyView attachment 3520 temps you want, here are pics and more pics of the options. It's a great sensor!!
I Thanks for looking it up. I see what they did now. They made a hybrid of the true isotherm function and the span. If I'm not mistaken they use the regular color palette to display the image between the set isotherms? I did a little search and found out DJI does the same thing.

I think that might even be a better implementation of isotherms than on my FLIR. I'd have to work with it first to know for sure.

On my FLIR T640bx and all previous thermal camera's the isotherms used an accent color over a washed out greyscale image to highlight the temperatures under, over or within the set isotherms. The Span function was used to narrow down the color pallette so everything under and over the set span was displayed in the outermost colors of the pallette.
See the attached examples I just shot. One is with the span pinched down to 2 degrees, the other is with the span on auto and the isotherms set to the same 2 degrees. (sorry for the pictures of the screen. Just found out I haven't set up the link between my phone and camera yet.)

Attachments

• 20220503_072347.jpg
    20220503_072347.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220503_072311.jpg
    20220503_072311.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: MCW LLC
I Thanks for looking it up. I see what they did now. They made a hybrid of the true isotherm function and the span. If I'm not mistaken they use the regular color palette to display the image between the set isotherms? I did a little search and found out DJI does the same thing.

I think that might even be a better implementation of isotherms than on my FLIR. I'd have to work with it first to know for sure.

On my FLIR T640bx and all previous thermal camera's the isotherms used an accent color over a washed out greyscale image to highlight the temperatures under, over or within the set isotherms. The Span function was used to narrow down the color pallette so everything under and over the set span was displayed in the outermost colors of the pallette.
See the attached examples I just shot. One is with the span pinched down to 2 degrees, the other is with the span on auto and the isotherms set to the same 2 degrees. (sorry for the pictures of the screen. Just found out I haven't set up the link between my phone and camera yet.)
For my understanding, could you indicate which one is which... I'm assuming 072311 is the pinched down 2 degrees.

You found same / similar settings on M2EA? I was under assumption M2EA was limited in several thermal settings.

The yellow one is the one with the isotherm function. It is a temperature alarm which only shows the areas between 13 and 15 degrees while the span is on auto.

The other one is the one with the pinched thermal span. All the colors of the palette are distributed over the areas that have a temperature between 13 and 15 degrees.

This clip shows the isotherm function on the M2ED. I hope the M2EA works at least in the same way.

The yellow one is the one with the isotherm function. It is a temperature alarm which only shows the areas between 13 and 15 degrees while the span is on auto.

The other one is the one with the pinched thermal span. All the colors of the palette are distributed over the areas that have a temperature between 13 and 15 degrees.

This clip shows the isotherm function on the M2ED. I hope the M2EA works at least in the same way.
That's what I assumed... photo 072311 was 2 degrees.
I understand isotherm... just wanted to verify which photo was on the pinched 2 degrees.
Thanks!

I downloaded Thermoconverter to run on my pc ,but when I try to open the program I get an hourglass for a second then nothing. I can't seem to get it to open

The great thing about Autel is they don't put limits on the drone, they give you everything, and with Thermoconverter.com, you can convert the files to work in FLIR Tools, and the resolution is BY FAR THE BEST

Thermocoverter.com works with the EVO 640T and all of DJI drones, to convert files to FLIR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM