Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Fox

Personal Drone Repair

Reaction score
Website
personaldronerepair.com
I may be a Jonny Come Lately concerning this product .
Ran across it today while performing a little research . Not trying stir up the community , but I do believe that this is good info to have .
I am posting the link because I ran across a claim that this software can take control of your unit and land your drone .
Take a look at this site and decide for yourselves . It looks to me like this unit can be purchased by the public .
If so..who is liable while this unit has control of your unit .
Worst case scenario-A user takes control of your unit , crashes and hurts someone during the landing .
Out of fear , they leave the scene and you are left there with your registration number on the line.
How can it be proven that this accident was not your fault?
Maybe I am just missing the obvious here .
Maybe it will only be available to law enforcement .

I'd bet your onboard telemetry and Flight Logs will show this "disruption" pretty easily but that's stretching quite a bit to assume they take over, crash your aircraft, and then leave the area.

I agree but you have to admit , it just feels weird knowing that someone could purchase this product and disrupt your flight .
I could understand a product that detects and notifies local authorities so that they can mediate .
Having said that , responsible pilots will probably never have to worry about this product anyway .

Worst case scenario-A user takes control of your unit , crashes and hurts someone during the landing .
Out of fear , they leave the scene and you are left there with your registration number on the line.
How can it be proven that this accident was not your fault?
Maybe I am just missing the obvious here .
Maybe it will only be available to law enforcement .

Best way to prevent that is change the password from the factory default to a user custom. It will not eliminate the possibility, but it will cut a lot of casual hackers out of the running.

I think the best way to deal with anyone interfering with your drone is to move to new frequencies, probably irritate the FCC but it would also put a stop to high power routers, and cell tower interference. I really isn't all that difficult to do if you have some solid electronics background.

Talk about anti drone technology, check this out.

Now, if you have new frequencies, guess what, I doubt if it would work.

• Wow
Reactions: Joe and BigAl07
No way is this legal. By taking control of someone's UAS you are hijacking an aircraft. Also, looking at the webpage there is no company information, no location just a bunch of bs to get you to fill out the contact us form. When you look at the website code it is build on a service called leadpages which helps you create a website that will get a lot of "clicks". And...you can find the images used for this website with a simple google search. I suggest stay away

Reactions: LARA images
I agree but you have to admit , it just feels weird knowing that someone could purchase this product and disrupt your flight
You won't have to worry about any individual doing that.
This is aimed at airports etc and is going to cost mucho $$.

No way is this legal. By taking control of someone's UAS you are hijacking an aircraft.

That's a bit of a stretch wouldn't you say? I mean the FAA doesn't even consider these Aircraft when someone takes one out with a Firearm which IMHO should raise all kinds of red flags. They are only aircraft when it pertains to creating laws and regulations against them. They do NOT get the same protection that MANNED aircraft do and I don't think they should IMHO.

While it's entirely "possible" one of these could end up in the wrong hands (I mean what doesn't at some point???) there are many safeguards to help prevent that. This is designed for a credentialed agency/dept and will require lots of licenses/permits etc. The FCC isn't going to allow just "anyone" to own a "Disruptor Ray Gun" because of the potential damage and backlash.

Reactions: R.Perry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku