Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Insurance Article

Which insurance do you have for your drone business?

• droneinsurance.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BWI Aviation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DroneOutlook

Reaction score
Website
droneoutlook.com
I'm writing an article about the basics of commercial drone insurance for small drone services companies. What questions would you want answered in the article? What is the most confusing part of choosing drone insurance? What advice would you give to someone just starting a drone business and choosing an insurance company?

Hello,
I have been testing several drone insurances from Europe, and the latest that I found complete and quite cheap is Flock.

Hth.

Sami
Thanks for replying!

Best practices? Where to get insurance. What questions to ask of the agent/company? Single flight or pay by the year? What happens if you have a claim?

Thanks,
Ken Williams
Western North Carolina.
Thanks @NCKen - all good questions! I think the question "what happens if you have a claim" is a topic that isn't covered very often - I'll definitely include info on that.

Right now I'm in the middle of tracking down all of the different insurance company options. There aren't as many as I originally thought - many of the companies that claim to offer drone insurance are really just redirecting people to a few big companies. Global Aerospace being one of the most established.

The option to pay for insurance per flight/ per hour / per month or annually is a very interesting business decision. There are only a few options for the per flight/hour coverage - verifly and skywatch are the most popular.

I think that skywatch is doing the most to disrupt the industry just by having a much better user experience compared to traditional insurance companies.

thanks again for the input and interest!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM