Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DroneBase? Any Good

Hi guys,
I am a Part 107 pilot and just registered with the DroneBase.
I have two questions:
1- Which type of Camera do we have to use for ground shots?
2- Is there a sample training mission video? I couldn't find through Facebook.
I have studied their lessons and after the Background Check they gave me a test mission but I am really ignorant how to do it and I don't want to make a mistake too. Thank you in advance!
What type of test mission did you get? Roof inspection?

What type of test mission did you get? Roof inspection?
I have a lot of missions for them and they are usually pretty specific about what they want. They usually give altitudes required and such.

Hi guys,
I have two questions:
I have studied their lessons and after the Background Check they gave me a test mission but I am really ignorant how to do it and I don't want to make a mistake too. Thank you in advance!
Some jobs require iPhone camera for geo referencing and some require DSLR.

Hi guys,
I have two questions:
Also look under DroneBase training on YouTube.

I just got an invitation 2 days ago to onboard. Dronebase has partnered with Eagleview OnSite Solutions and you get a link to an Eagleview Onsite 6-part course with tests at the end of each course. Once you successfully complete it online you get a certificate of completion and they will assign a test mission within 48 hours then send a badge for you to wear out on each assignment. I am currently awaiting my test mission which I should receive today. Sounded interesting as they will cover your liability insurance for each assignment. Has anyone else done this? There has been a lot of storm and hail damage in my area and they mentioned Allstate in the course.
I did this and flew several jobs for them. Then my exposure accidentally got bumped down a step and they rejected a job which was fine until they told me I needed to re-take the course (I did) then they wanted to do a background check which I thought they had already done then they said I needed to provide my own insurance. I was fairly blown away by this as I had already completed several missions for them. I did not comply with any more redundant requirements and they still send me missions which I decline--- all this is totally for what it's worth---

Reactions: Teelions
I had to opt out of DB. I was with them for 1 year, performed 4 jobs in that time. Each job was the same workload yet the pay on each went down $30 every time. These guys are crooks fishing to see how little you'll work for.

Reactions: R.Perry and BigAl07
I'm going to make a plug for the company I'm contracted to. Multivista they have excellent training that they pay for. You get a week long training with Avion (check them out), the training is classroom and hands on. I don't know what the other branches pay, but the San Francisco branch pays very well, all mileage is paid and reimbursed. As already stated, Drone Base is a joke, I did sign up with them and laughed at their offers. You will not make any money working for those people.

I'm going to make a plug for the company I'm contracted to. Multivista they have excellent training that they pay for. You get a week long training with Avion (check them out), the training is classroom and hands on. I don't know what the other branches pay, but the San Francisco branch pays very well, all mileage is paid and reimbursed. As already stated, Drone Base is a joke, I did sign up with them and laughed at their offers. You will not make any money working for those people.

Do you maybe have a contact to get in touch with? Their website does have a link to email resume or inquiry, but an inside contact can't hurt, if possible. :) I'm in Tracy.

Do you maybe have a contact to get in touch with? Their website does have a link to email resume or inquiry, but an inside contact can't hurt, if possible. :) I'm in Tracy.

Sure do, the guy I work for lives in Tracy. Do you mind doing indoor construction photography? Also you would need to spend a week in Huntsville, they require all pilots to take the Avion training, fully paid, and all expenses.
PM me, I'll give you the details of what they are looking for. I'll email my boss and see what the job opening they have.

I just emailed the Sacramento branch manager and asked about current openings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM