Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drones in Real Estate: Pricing and Contracts

Cheers for the tip on DaVinci Program, I downloaded the Beta Public version however it seems to require their control panels which is connected to computer in order to run the program. See attached image. So back to Filmora basic editing. :(

Filmora is a very easy amatuer tool hence the price. I would have like to try the DaVinci program though. :/

If you downloaded the FREE version it should runs similar workspace as Adobe PP.

Overall, BlackMagic would like you to buy the console but you don't have to.

I've done about 12 rendering from DV Resolve with no issues.

Reactions: Kurtay
If you downloaded the FREE version it should runs similar workspace as Adobe PP.

Overall, BlackMagic would like you to buy the console but you don't have to.

I've done about 12 rendering from DV Resolve with no issues.

Thanks Outta Control :) Not sure, the download has given me a few programs one of which is asking for the USB console and the other one says Cuda, i just found another program asking for PostgreSQL which I am downloading it as I write this. I'll try again, thank you. :)

Resolve does not require you to use their hardware. Cuda is a nvidia platform and has to do with your graphics card. CUDA | GeForce

Resolve is pretty demanding on your 'puter so you need to have a decent one to use Resolve smoothly.

Agreed. This might have been my fault. As like all CPU intensive program, you would need a gaming computer to make it run efficiently.

Reactions: Kurtay
I use a Windows PC built in specifically for flight simulations so my rig is fairly good. I just didn't have Cuda installed for some reason. Hopefully, it won't effect my Sim in adversly.

I had a successful start after Cuda installation yesterday, I just need to learn the program, it seems similar to as any video editing suit. Should be fine, any tips appreciated.

Thanks guys. :)

I had a go at the latest version of DaVinci Resolve. Although it is free, only the basic editing features are at present (you cannot even sharpen the clips - few text options). However if one owns the full version then it is potentially a very good program. But without the full version I see no point investing time to learn it when you cannot access the most areas. Yes, the colour editing is there which is more than any basic editing programs out there.

I'd rather go with the Apple's Final Cut Pro. Simplified and easier to use and £300.

Here is a quick video I put together with the DaVinci Resolve somewhat it was limited for me. Sorry!

Thanks for the tips though.

I had a go at the latest version of DaVinci Resolve. Although it is free, only the basic editing features are at present

Huh?? I'm not sure what to say. The free version contains almost all of the same functionality as the Studio (paid) version. What it lacks is basically mutli-user functionality needed by professional editing houses where you have multiple professionals working on the same project. Usually feature films.

If you are having a hard time finding where things are in Resolve, there is an incredible amount of help on YouTube in addition to the Manual.

Hey all. Been lurking for awhile and just registered to post in this thread.
With a question...

Sort of pricing related. A buddy and I were discussing the pricing model for RE videos and he has a curious question.

Why not bill the RE agent on the back end? Clarification. Since REA are paid on commission when the property sells, they tend to be cheap on the marketing. Believe me I know a ton of them and I'm always the one buying the coffee when we meet up. BUT, when then sell a property they get a chunk. Now I know they are covering all their expenses but what if we charged them a small down with the balance due on the sale of the property. Sure you become a bill collector at that point but there are ways to make that easier. An agreement to run their card for the balance X days after the sale for example. Like 25/75. Just thinking outside the box, trying to make the upfront sale easier.

Thoughts?

With a question...

Sort of pricing related. A buddy and I were discussing the pricing model for RE videos and he has a curious question.

Why not bill the RE agent on the back end? Clarification. Since REA are paid on commission when the property sells, they tend to be cheap on the marketing. Believe me I know a ton of them and I'm always the one buying the coffee when we meet up. BUT, when then sell a property they get a chunk. Now I know they are covering all their expenses but what if we charged them a small down with the balance due on the sale of the property. Sure you become a bill collector at that point but there are ways to make that easier. An agreement to run their card for the balance X days after the sale for example. Like 25/75. Just thinking outside the box, trying to make the upfront sale easier.

Thoughts?
Upfront sale isn't the problem in your scenario. Getting paid after the sale will be the problem. You are assuming the listing will sell. Many listings expire unsold, or are taken off the market by the seller, or the listing agent gets fired, and another listing agent is hired, or the seller decides to go FSBO. What then? The agent can also decide not to pay you even after receiving their commission from the sale, because there isn't anything left for you, after paying all their other living expenses they have also been borrowing since their last commission check, if there even was one. Good luck collecting from them in that situation. They will be judgement proof.

Reactions: ClipCopter
With a question...

Thoughts?

As stated already there are WAY too many variables on the table that can cause the proposal listed above to fall through. If you only get paid if it sells you might end up hungry more often than not. Also you'll need to be "in the know" or you won't have a clue when something sells or not. Your time is valuable and you should get compensated accordingly.

I know personally I've done the same listing 2x (one last week for a 3rd time) because the homeowner changes agents more than her panties. I get paid every time I work (net 30). I've gotten paid multiple times and the home hasn't sold yet.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I know personally I've done the same listing 2x (one last week for a 3rd time) because the homeowner changes agents more than her panties. I get paid every time I work (net 30). I've gotten paid multiple times and the home hasn't sold yet.
I fully agree. The fact that an agent lists a property does not mean he/she will sell it. If the client gets inpatient or unhappy, they will change agent. Let me tell you real statistics, the only deal I have never collected was when I was new to this, and I agreed with the agent that he would pay me for when he sold the property bcs he was short of money at the time. He never paid me and he actually sold the property.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I did't think it was the best idea, but my friend doesn't do much with real estate agents. Either way, it never hurts to ask for others' views.

Real Estate is tough (aka not profitable) enough without adding lack of selling to the list of reasons to not get paid. I applaud him for the idea but IMHO it's a sure fire way to go hungry in a hurry. Real Estate Marketing is not the best place to create a Consignment atmosphere.

With a question...

Thoughts?

The issue isn't that the REA aren't paid yet, its just that most of them are stingy and don't see the value in the service enough to pay at all.

I've been doing RE photography (ground) not for about 5 years and let me tell you, real estate agents are the cheapest b*stards out there. They want you to come into a huge house, do 3-5 hours of shooting, another 3-5 hours of editing, (not including travel time and time spent corresponding) and want to pay you $100 or less, mean while they get a $20k commission on the sale. Sorry Charlie, I'd make more money flipping burgers at McD's for my time. They will whine and cry that the service cuts into their profits and that they have bills to pay. Sorry? Like my equipment i have to buy every few years and maintain, insurance, etc don't eat into my profits? That comes with being a business owner.

The only reason I'm still doing RE photography is because i mostly work with homeowners that want to pay for the service themselves, RE agent be damned. Just last week I did a RE shoot for a nice old lady selling her home, by owner, no agent. I charged her $550 which was fair for my time and she thought was worth it. House just sold yesterday. Record time, no agent even. She is convinced and I'm convinced her home would not have sold that fast had she not had me take pro photos for her. Even the buyers commented how the photos really made them interested in looking at the house, and it stood out from all the other listings with bad photos. Now, if only RE agents would see that its worth it and they can make a lot more money when they are selling a house every week instead of every month...

The issue isn't that the REA aren't paid yet, its just that most of them are stingy and don't see the value in the service enough to pay at all.

I've been doing RE photography (ground) not for about 5 years and let me tell you, real estate agents are the cheapest b*stards out there. They want you to come into a huge house, do 3-5 hours of shooting, another 3-5 hours of editing, (not including travel time and time spent corresponding) and want to pay you $100 or less, mean while they get a $20k commission on the sale. Sorry Charlie, I'd make more money flipping burgers at McD's for my time. They will whine and cry that the service cuts into their profits and that they have bills to pay. Sorry? Like my equipment i have to buy every few years and maintain, insurance, etc don't eat into my profits? That comes with being a business owner.

The only reason I'm still doing RE photography is because i mostly work with homeowners that want to pay for the service themselves, RE agent be damned. Just last week I did a RE shoot for a nice old lady selling her home, by owner, no agent. I charged her $550 which was fair for my time and she thought was worth it. House just sold yesterday. Record time, no agent even. She is convinced and I'm convinced her home would not have sold that fast had she not had me take pro photos for her. Even the buyers commented how the photos really made them interested in looking at the house, and it stood out from all the other listings with bad photos. Now, if only RE agents would see that its worth it and they can make a lot more money when they are selling a house every week instead of every month...

That's a great story! You should ask her for a testimony you could use on your personal website. Do you do only photography or video as well?

I glad you brought up this topic. It's exactly the market I'm aiming at. I still need to get through the FAA license procedure but I'm not sure where to start. I have a feeling it's going to be a nightmare. How did you go about it? I've been involved in photography in some form or another for about 40 years. I'm enjoying my P3P but would like to be able to use it to make some income. I'm starting from zero here and soaking up information like a sponge. As another member stated it's best to have your ducks in a row.
I hate to be a kill joy but if you are depending on a P3 to produce excellent quality photos and videos then you are already playing catch-up. The difference in quality between say a P4P or Mavic2 are incredible. There’s been much debate comparing the two and each point is valid. A 1” sensor will give you better results over anything else in the $1500 range. Of course there’s always the Inspire 2 but that’s quite a jump in price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM