Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drones Made in USA as alternate to DJI?

There is a whole segment pretty much just released called the Blues sUAS. They are kind of subsidized drones that must meet requirements set by the government.

Per the Program "The Blue sUAS project developed trusted small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) for the broader Department of Defense and Federal Government partners. This effort builds upon the U.S. Army’s sUAS program of record, Short Range Reconnaissance (SRR), for an inexpensive, rucksack portable, vertical take-off and landing sUAS. Blue sUAS systems share the SRR air vehicles' capabilities but integrate a vendor provided ground control system."

Drones

Parrot Anafi USA
Vantage Robotics Vesper
Skydio X2
Altavian Ion M440
Teal Golden Eagle

All have an IP rating for use in rain, all are quickly deployed, all have security to data, all have a thermal imaging camera (320 Boson - Nonradiometric), all have a 30+ minute flight time and each has its own unique spin added by the company.

Skydio X2 at this time seems like it does not want to sell to individuals, only large orders to companies.

Vesper I know from being at their website is ready to sell to anyone, and price starts at $7700 with a "Smart Controller"
Parrot Anafi USA is for sale to anyone, but the price they are asking for what you get seems way too high IMHO.

You may have government contracts that don't want DJI, but I like the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced over any of the above. IMHO it is better in most regards except that it lacks an IP rating for rain use. And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing less than most if not all of the above.

Oil & Gas Use Cases. Some not U.S. based, but here's the list...
Wingtra, Aerovironment, Cube, Avestec, Voliro, Flyability, and we have a Skydio X2 inbound.

Reactions: Advexure
Check out Ascent Aerosystems. Very unique design. IP rated, excellent choice for marine based applications.

Autel EVO II Dual is very strong its small UAS segment and is certainly superior to the Blue UAS list systems given its FLIR Boson 640 sensor, compared to the FLIR Hadron 320 that used on the Golden Eagle and Boson 320 on the ANAFI USA & Skydio X2.

EVO II Dual is also FTC certified as "Made in the USA" and has been no problem for a lot of our state and federal partners in addition to those receiving FEMA grants and other federal sources. For some of our partners on the service providing side they have opted to add with either the EVO II Dual or ANAFI USA to meet certain hardware requirements.

EV2 Dual.jpg

Reactions: KLAX
Autel EVO II Dual is very strong its small UAS segment and is certainly superior to the Blue UAS list systems given its FLIR Boson 640 sensor, compared to the FLIR Hadron 320 that used on the Golden Eagle and Boson 320 on the ANAFI USA & Skydio X2.

EVO II Dual is also FTC certified as "Made in the USA" and has been no problem for a lot of our state and federal partners in addition to those receiving FEMA grants and other federal sources. For some of our partners on the service providing side they have opted to add with either the EVO II Dual or ANAFI USA to meet certain hardware requirements.
Would like to get my hands on one for an afternoon and compare against Mavic re: our use cases. I'll send a PM

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StewR