Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DroneUp - Join Our Pilot Community

godroneup

Reaction score
Website
www.droneup.com
DroneUp provides an innovative pilot communication platform with real-time support! This summer, we have intentions to distribute lucrative job opportunities to our pilot community. We’re looking for both seasoned pilots and new. Don’t be discouraged if you are new to the trade. We will offer several training programs with specific categories of safety and drone operation. DroneUp is built by pilots, for pilots. We would love to hear your feedback!

If you are interested in these future job opportunities, click the link below.
Contractor Registration - DroneUp

Reactions: rfaaj
If it sounds too good to be true than....... my 2¢

Mine either, that's why I stay away from these outfits. Seems to be a plague of them recently. Promise the moon and deliver.......

Mine either, that's why I stay away from these outfits. Seems to be a plague of them recently. Promise the moon and deliver.......
I currently have plenty of UAS business. If they call me, great, if not, still good. I'm retired, plenty of time.
Sorry you're having that issue, Luis! I'm not sure exactly whats going on. What web browser are you using? Can you try a different one and see if you get the same result?

Worked this time, thanks.

Same thing here. Sure is nice to pick and choose what jobs I want.

I've signed up with a few of these companies including droneup. The only one I've ever got any work from has been DroneBase

DroneBase has certainly upped their game in the last month. They've been launching a lot more paid jobs. That is just a component to our direction but what we focus on, more than anyone, is communication to the pilot. That is currently our bread and butter. Real-time communication is key in disaster response and technical jobs that require additional support.

I've signed up with a few of these companies including droneup. The only one I've ever got any work from has been DroneBase

Exactly, the ones I signed up with gave me "0" jobs. You'll do better drumming up your own work.

Reactions: Kelly
I got to agree with Grumpy. I've signed up with outfits from Ill to FL. The only place I've gotten anything from has been DroneBase and all I have gotten from them is restricted airspace jobs and a couple of run arounds that didn't pay enough to cover the gas and time to get there. Better off getting my own work and I don't have to sign all those agreements.

I've had a few DB jobs in restricted airspace but I have a wide area authorization for the 2 airports around me, unless it's in the 0 grid on the laanc map i'm ok. I've got to get more in the habit of putting my magnetic signs on my van I could be missing out on work. I probably get a job of DB every couple of weeks maybe 2, I have one for tomorrow

I don't think signing up will hurt. It appears they are looking for people to list as subs on their Government contract submittal. Looking at the principals involved, they should know how to navigate the intricate Government contracts maze. It surprises me to hear of this group though, considering that they are headquartered pretty close to where I live. If they are who I think they are, they already have an "in" with a significant portion of the local infrastructure monitoring.

No reason to trash DroneUp. If you don't want to sign up, don't. I have been in TV, Film and Drone Cinematography for 5 years. I remember back before the 107, when I had a 333, and a film COA and I was getting $500 to $1000 a house for real estate shoots. Well like film production before that the cost of a drone that pretty much flies itself and takes photos ahas bottom out at about $500 bucks, at that price point every ing yang on the planet has got a drone and called himself a photographer or cinematographer. Its been a race to the bottom on rates that I can charge ever since. Clients don't care about quality or creativity, When I bid $500 and some guy with a toy Mavic bids $50 who do you think is going to get the job. So I stopped the bidding wars, I charge what I charge, and dont take the jobs I dont want to take. That being said, I have joined all those "bidding sites" and Pilot Roster Sites, why because they dont force you to take the job, and if one pops up that pays $100 bucks to shoot a house on a weekend, when I am sitting at home doing nothing, well then, why not, I look at it as paid practice. So yes its a race to the bottom for rates, but you pilots are as much to blame as these sites.

Reactions: rfaaj and Kentrol72
I signed up even though at the moment I'm not actively looking for additional work. My attitude is give them a chance to prove their worth.
I know law enforcement are seeking companies that can supply drone pilots on short notice, and I think that could be a good gig for someone that isn't wanting full time employment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann