Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Emlid RTK GNSS receiver?

I have been researching it and for the price i would look into the RS2 which is a multi band L2 receiver. I spoke to several people who have tested them against Trimble and Topcon and the results are less than 0.01' difference on a VRS network in comparison. One c engineering company i spoke with is comming out with a white paper with their results which wiill be released on Emlid this month.We are just about to buy a full RTK system to start testing and using. the total system is 7,000 with everything ready to hit the ground running.
This would be a great system to use for GCP's etc.

Thank you
JOECNC2006
It will be interesting to see the white paper - all in all it seems that Emlid is 30-50% the price of Trimble.

An RTK Trimble R12i complete system is $62,000 We just got a quote for it from trimle dealer here in Texas. Each receiver unit is $27,000 alone then add a collector with Trimble access software radio etc.). Of course the Trimble R8s or R10 v1.0 would be a more realistic comparison at a price tag of about 40,000 maybe?
The Reach RS2 complete system is $6,990.00 ready to work. Each receiver unit is $1,899.00.

So i think it is much lower that 50% I think it is more line 25% of the older Trimble receivers which would be used units as the R8s and R10 v1.0 are not produced anymore.

In case you are wondering I run the surveying department for a Civil Engineering company. I have been using Trimble since 1999.

Last edited:
With the Emlid Reach RS2 what else do you need besides tri/bipods and some targets. At my job we are currently researching Emlid Reach RS2's and I would really like to have an idea of everything I will need.

Thanks

With the Emlid Reach RS2 what else do you need besides tri/bipods and some targets. At my job we are currently researching Emlid Reach RS2's and I would really like to have an idea of everything I will need.

Thanks

It depends on your workflow. I would begin your research with the variable workflows that are being used and each of them will come with their respective hardware requirement. Buying a list of hardware when you haven't developed a workflow strategy can easily lead to either spending $$ you didn't need to or costing $$ because the workflow you end up using doesn't align with the hardware you already purchased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143