Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

everyone chime in....Dji Matrice or Yuneec H520 ..best all around

I have 3 Yuneec aircraft, a pair of H’s and a 920+. At this point in time would I buy another? Absolutely not.

As for the 520, it’s a $1500.00 kit being sold for $4,000.00. If spending $4k for a rig it would have to have more versatility than a 520. Add RTK and the price likely rises a heck of a lot more, and you’re still stuck with a rig only good for mapping.

But I thought your H+ is now your go to drone?

I thought so, as well. The autonomous POI that yuneec calls CCC is undependable.

I ran the same point of interest multiple times. This, I had to bail out, because it wobbled in mid air.

I tried it again thinking that just a fluke, I recalibrated the compass, got the H Plus back in the air, initialized the same CCC. Hit start, positioned the stick forward for autonomous flight, it flew, and after the third way point, this time it did not wobbled (toilet bowl effect) but rather the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus, just hovered in mid air.

I triggered RTH but it would not respond until seconds later. So, it is once again grounded, until I can reflash the build/firmware and this will set me back a week of just flying around to regain my confidence.

But, I have other sUAS that can complete the mission, with ease, so why bother.

I've heard that before RPR.
Come on, you keep waffling back and forth.

Because, I always find a solution to make things work. Not anymore more.

I can attest that Yuneec products is mediocre. Enough is enough for me,
I’m sticking to what works and dependable in the industry. DJI

Although I’m not even a little surprised over his apparent “shift” in brand preference (it was predicted long ago) the fact is for upper level pro work Yuneec simply does not have the payloads and system functionality necessary for many pro level operations.

Our equipment has to enable the user, not limit them. DJI does that much of the time, Yuneec some of the time. It’s why I don’t prefer either most of the time, accepting a little more set up work over convenience to get the job done every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
....... the fact is for upper level pro work Yuneec simply does not have the payloads and system functionality necessary for many pro level operations........

I’m finding that as well. I’ve gone about as far as I can with Yuneec. I’m not having performance issues that @R.P..R Is having, but encountering operations that at least an I2 or Matrice is required and/or expected.

I’m finding that as well. I’ve gone about as far as I can with Yuneec. I’m not having performance issues that @R.P..R Is having, but encountering operations that at least an I2 or Matrice is required and/or expected.

These past few days, I have been flying the i2. No more headaches, and doubts that I used to get from flying a Yuneec product.
Here's one from today's flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV