Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Expecting Trouble is a Safe Way to Fly

I recently lost total control of the Inspire 2, using Litchi. I had just done a pano over the construction offices and when the pano finished and loaded I had no control of the Inspire. I was about 300 yards away from the offices. I powered down Litchi and restarted it. That had no effect and the Inspire would not RTH. It just hovered over the buildings at 200 feet.

I remembered that the construction buildings had very powerful routers, so I drove over to the buildings and as soon as I got close to them I regained control of the Inspire. Now when I shoot those panos I make sure I’m near the offices, that was a real learning curve for me.

The article was a very good article but I agree that RTH should be the last resort, and that altitude is your friend.

Any of us that have a pilots license remembers the lessons on dealing with emergencies, like when the instructor pulls the power off then asks you were you are going to land, you best have a spot picked out.

Interesting .. help me out here though, perhaps I'm missing the obvious. How or why did 'routers' assist in re-acquring control over your inspire? Was this control TX to Inspire or were you reconnected using the restarted Litchi or the DJI app?

Thanks for the post!

Interesting .. help me out here though, perhaps I'm missing the obvious. How or why did 'routers' assist in re-acquring control over your inspire? Was this control TX to Inspire or were you reconnected using the restarted Litchi or the DJI app?

Thanks for the post!

I think in this case the routers did not help in regaining link. The routers were interfering with the link since they were probably also on 2.4ghz band. So when he got closer to his I2 his Tx had the extra power to "punch through" the routers interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143