Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Extended Battery Capacity and Sporting Events

Ghost

DSAR Member
Reaction score
All,

I am doing some video work at a local dirt track and need to extend my battery capacity. The maximum distance from the home point would be 1,000' or less and the maximum height would be 200' or less. Agility/maneuverability of the drone will not be a factor as most of the time I'm pretty much sitting still.

The drone being used right now is a M2P. What is a realistic expectation in flight time with whatever modification you recommend.

While we are on the subject of videoing races what is everyone's preferred method of collecting sound for the video. Do you just use the sound collected by your control device or do you have some other means of collecting sound?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

I think you’ll find that most current DJI platforms are not tolerant of battery modifications. A more realistic approach, one that can be easily executed, would be to have a second M2P that could be launched and placed on station just prior to landing the first one for a battery change. That rotation could be repeated indefinitely. Done properly any differences in video angles would be minimal and of little concern.

For sound, unless you like the sound of the motors and propellers overwhelming the action sound you should employ a separate ground position audio collection device and mix it with the video in post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905