Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA Authorizations

aerialimagery

Reaction score
I made about 20 requests a couple of months ago and have heard nothing from the FAA.

Has there been any indication that they might eventually let us fly according to the grids and not have to wait for authorization?

No they were just for authorization to fly in controlled airspace.
You need a waiver: "Controlled Airspace is a generic term that covers the different classifications of airspace (Class A, B, C, D and E airspace) and defined dimensions within which air traffic control service is provided to IFR flights and to VFR flights in accordance with the airspace classification".

found on google.

My authorizations have been taking 100-120 days. No LAANC in my area,

I had the idea that they had streamlined the process and were doing them in 30 days now.

I suppose I should go to work and start applying now for places I might be working this spring.

Can you explain LAANC and where that is available? Does that have something to do with getting approval on the spot?

I had the idea that they had streamlined the process and were doing them in 30 days now.

I suppose I should go to work and start applying now for places I might be working this spring.

Absolutely. Ask for a particular location which the form requires, but also state that you will also be needing other locations within the same airspace and they will usually grant you 6 months with the ceiling limits listed on the UAS Facility Maps.

Absolutely. Ask for a particular location which the form requires, but also state that you will also be needing other locations within the same airspace and they will usually grant you 6 months with the ceiling limits listed on the UAS Facility Maps.

I understand that and have been granted those situations but is there also now a way to get instant approval while on station? That's what I thought LAANC might be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM