Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA bans cargo shipment of lithium-ion batteries on passenger flights

Skybadger

Reaction score
I just read this today. Thought this is something you all should be aware of in case you missed it. I'm certain this applies to Li-pos as well since they are essentially the same when it comes to fire hazard.

Yes, thats true. Thought it would be of interest that it's been officially implemented.

When our people go the Huntsville for flight training we take our drones with us. This is really going to screw the pooch for those wanting to transport their drones.

Reactions: R Martin
When our people go the Huntsville for flight training we take our drones with us. This is really going to screw the pooch for those wanting to transport their drones.

Why can't they bring the batteries in carry on? Nothing has changed there. This only affects shipping of batteries in the cargo hold of passenger planes. I have not been able to check a lipo pack for some time.

Reactions: BigAl07

You just have to carry the batteries in a fireproof pouch in your carry-on luggage. I think that is the acceptable method now.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sure, carry eight pairs of batteries in your carry-on. When I went to Huntsville in August I put four pair of batteries in my Inspire 2 case and not said a thing. On my return flight they made me open the case looked in said, yup that's a drone, and that was it.
This is going to be a real pain for people that need to travel with their drones.

Sure, carry eight pairs of batteries in your carry-on. When I went to Huntsville in August I put four pair of batteries in my Inspire 2 case and not said a thing. On my return flight they made me open the case looked in said, yup that's a drone, and that was it.
This is going to be a real pain for people that need to travel with their drones.
You ever seen a drone battery blow on its own. Google search it. Now do you want to be the guys who’s drone batteries take down the plane your on?

You ever seen a drone battery blow on its own. Google search it. Now do you want to be the guys who’s drone batteries take down the plane your on?

Yeah the concern is pallets full of batteries.

Let's ban cell phones and ipads they got batteries too.

You want to be on the plane with someone whos smart phone blew up? Google it, plenty of videos on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kdavis2269
Yeah the concern is pallets full of batteries.

Let's ban cell phones and ipads they got batteries too.

You want to be on the plane with someone whos smart phone blew up? Google it, plenty of videos on the internet.
The cells are usually in the owners pocket. I call that a win.....

Reactions: Moosewax

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN