Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA is certainly trying to catch up

So far I am a little disappointed in what is offering. But they did just launch and it is the government
So lets see where it goes over time

So, I had already registered my UAS with the FAA, how to I add it to the Drone Zone site? It's asking me to add it to the cart and pay another $5. I don't really mind doing that if I need to, just wondering if there's a way to add to my Part 107 portal a UAS that has already been registered.

Thanks!

So, I had already registered my UAS with the FAA, how to I add it to the Drone Zone site? It's asking me to add it to the cart and pay another $5. I don't really mind doing that if I need to, just wondering if there's a way to add to my Part 107 portal a UAS that has already been registered.

Thanks!
It sounds like something didn't transfer correctly. When I signed up it pulled all of my UAS registrations over automatically. You'll probably want to utilize their HELP portal to get it resolved.

Here is their email address:
[email protected]

Reactions: Z06Aggie
It sounds like something didn't transfer correctly. When I signed up it pulled all of my UAS registrations over automatically. You'll probably want to utilize their HELP portal to get it resolved.

Here is their email address:
[email protected]

Thanks - on second look, my registration is listed under the part 336 portal, but not the part 107. At the time of registration, I was not 107 certified. Does that now require an additional registration, or should it still apply to both?

Thanks again.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks - on second look, my registration is listed under the part 336 portal, but not the part 107. At the time of registration, I was not 107 certified. Does that now require an additional registration, or should it still apply to both?

Thanks again.

Part 107 is a whole different animal and will require you to register anew. Part 107 is aircraft specific where as 336 was registering YOU the operator.

Hobby/336 ~ Same Reg# for all non Commercial UAS
Part 107 ~ Unique Registration for each aircraft

As a side note:
An aircraft registered for Part 107 can fly either hobby or commercial
An aircraft registered for Hobby/336 can ONLY fly in a hobby capacity

Reactions: Z06Aggie
Part 107 is a whole different animal and will require you to register anew. Part 107 is aircraft specific where as 336 was registering YOU the operator.

Hobby/336 ~ Same Reg# for all non Commercial UAS
Part 107 ~ Unique Registration for each aircraft

As a side note:
An aircraft registered for Part 107 can fly either hobby or commercial
An aircraft registered for Hobby/336 can ONLY fly in a hobby capacity

Very good - I will register under 107. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: BigAl07
I’ve had a painstaking slow experience with the FAA and their waiver process. It turns out the FAA did not expect the 60k some people that got licensed in 2017.

First their process was to use the online portal, differentiating airspace authorization and waiver from other regulation exceptions. I have only submitted for simple airspace authorizations. No need to fly at night or over people when doing topo mapping. They said “up to 90 days” for these requests to be processed. On a few, I requested a status update a few months into the 90 days and received a auto-reply email basically stating they had no idea when they’d process my request. This system obviously wasn’t working.

Then they recently switched to the drone zone portal. And the use of facility maps that further defined the controlled airspace in regard to UAS use and to guide us in formulating our requests. UAS Facility Maps

This is just a bandaid to hold back the mountain of requests before the LAANC process is proven successful in beta and is implemented across the country. I’ve had a few lengthy conversations with FAA officials in DC explaining to me their desire to have instant authorization nationwide by September 2018. Consequently that is their end date on current authorization requests (I have a few). Fingers-crossed for instant authorization!

Would love to hear from someone in the trial areas. San Jose? Phoenix? Miami? Bueller?

I was really surprised Dallas was not in the beta
You are 100% correct. if they meet their goal of operational by September this year that would be awesome

It seems like it had all of my information and my drone information, but my authorizations were not listed. My airspace authorization doesn't expire until July, so not sure why it isn't there. Not really an issue, as i have it with me when I fly.

Consequently that is their end date on current authorization requests (I have a few). Fingers-crossed for instant authorization!

Unfortunately some of the most recently approved AA have an end date much later than the "normal" one of July 2018. Either this is a mistake by the person completing the submission or it's a "hint" that they may not meet the September 2018 deadline.

It seems like it had all of my information and my drone information, but my authorizations were not listed. My airspace authorization doesn't expire until July, so not sure why it isn't there. Not really an issue, as i have it with me when I fly.

Previously issued AA and AW have not been migrated to the new system. Only ones issued since the new portal was released have actually been added to the new system.

I spent the better part of the day yesterday renewing expired airspace authorizations. I did have a couple complications. First I did expect the FAA Drone Zone portal would have linked with FAA.gov and I would be using my login info. No such luck, and I ensured verified login and password was correct. After setting a new account of course no past history of authorizations or registrations. I pushed forward re-registered aircraft and then submitted several airspace authorizations. I had better send them an email or give them a call.

I spent the better part of the day yesterday renewing expired airspace authorizations. I did have a couple complications. First I did expect the FAA Drone Zone portal would have linked with FAA.gov and I would be using my login info. No such luck, and I ensured verified login and password was correct. After setting a new account of course no past history of authorizations or registrations. I pushed forward re-registered aircraft and then submitted several airspace authorizations. I had better send them an email or give them a call.
Update - I was able to get through to a FAA representative on the phone. The reason why I had to set up a new acct. on FAA Drone Zone is because my login ID for FAA portal was not my email address. She assured me that in the background the FAA can view all of my information from both portals, I will have to however use the new registration number and discard my N number that is specific to my drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905