Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA Renewal Registration - Registration Certificate / Dronezone issue.

philsmith76

Reaction score
Well its already time to renew my p4p faa registration. It is expiring end of February. So I went to the FAADroneZone dronezone logged in and went through the process got a paid email receipt but received no email with the pdf small card sized proof of Registration Certificate like I have for the current registration certificate. There is a link to reprint and the process says its sent but nothing. I emailed the help email address and the reply I got was interesting. "registrations will not be due for renewal until the end of December. Therefore, it appears that you have been scammed and may want to have your credit card company refund your money" Huh. On dronezone it shows my new current date, but not my waivers since they were before dronezone started.

So my question....has anyone already renewed their registration and received a updated proof of registration certificate card?

Last edited:
Sometime last year I did and when I accessed it it updated the expiration date to the end of this year.

I was able to print a new one without paying anything, it was identical just had the new date on it.

It's been too long so I don't remember details, I know I logged into my account and somehow or another found my registration was extended.

This was for my recreational bird.

Well its already time to renew my p4p faa registration. It is expiring end of February. So I went to the FAADroneZone dronezone logged in and went through the process got a paid email receipt but received no email with the pdf small card sized proof of Registration Certificate like I have for the current registration certificate. There is a link to reprint and the process says its sent but nothing. I emailed the help email address and the reply I got was interesting. "registrations will not be due for renewal until the end of December. Therefore, it appears that you have been scammed and may want to have your credit card company refund your money" Huh. On dronezone it shows my new current date, but not my waivers since they were before dronezone started.

So my question....has anyone already renewed their registration and received a updated proof of registration certificate card?

When I renewed it came in the mail. Don't remember how long it took. I'm thinking a couple of weeks.

I just renewed one of my aircraft registration's and had no problem on DroneZone.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 6.18.30 AM.png

If you notice at the top righthand corner shows one renewable sUAS. I renewed the registration and received an email receipt, almost immediately, from the FAA. The email receipt contained my aircraft registration card which was located at the bottom of the emailed receipt.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just renewed one of my aircraft registration's and had no problem on DroneZone.

View attachment 2105

If you notice at the top righthand corner shows one renewable sUAS. I renewed the registration and received an email receipt, almost immediately, from the FAA. The email receipt contained my aircraft registration card which was located at the bottom of the emailed receipt.

Thanks for the info. I received the paid registration receipt email but it doesn’t have the registration card at the bottom. I will keep emailing dronezone support.

Thanks for the info. I received the paid registration receipt email but it doesn’t have the registration card at the bottom. I will keep emailing dronezone support.
You can go to the registration # on your dashboard and REPRINT the card from there.

When you click on REPRINT is pops up a new window (PDF viewer) and you can then print it from there. If you're not "Seeing" the PDF pop up window you may have to turn OFF pop-up blockers.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
You can go to the registration # on your dashboard and REPRINT the card from there.

When you click on REPRINT is pops up a new window (PDF viewer) and you can then print it from there. If you're not "Seeing" the PDF pop up window you may have to turn OFF pop-up blockers.

Terrific...thank you. I was able to save the certificate now. The reg number does indeed take you to the certificate. I was only able to get to it on a ios. For me Safari, Firefox all just would loop that link back but ios does open the pdf separately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StewR