Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA Rules --Cell , Radio and TV tower operation

I live within 2500 feet of a cellular tower, I've conducted 100+ Flights around it, and have flown over a private property once (Accident), the homeowner had the same concerns, I showed him my flightpath, and offered to show him what I was doing, he was much calmer when I was transparent. The only reason that I was around the tower is because it employs over 100 PTZ Outdoor cameras with 32x optical zoom, and I wasn't happy that the tower could surveil me, or anyone on our street. I'm currently trying to get the Owners of the tower to remove/lower the cameras

I live within 2500 feet of a cellular tower, I've conducted 100+ Flights around it, and have flown over a private property once (Accident), the homeowner had the same concerns, I showed him my flightpath, and offered to show him what I was doing, he was much calmer when I was transparent. The only reason that I was around the tower is because it employs over 100 PTZ Outdoor cameras with 32x optical zoom, and I wasn't happy that the tower could surveil me, or anyone on our street. I'm currently trying to get the Owners of the tower to remove/lower the cameras
We wish you luck with that. Cell towers are considered critical infrastructure and should be avoided unless you are contracted to perform work. The companies that own those towers are 800lb gorillas and you are likely to need a petition to interact with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VJDrones