Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA Suspending 107 Testing?!?

EhmayWuntee

Reaction score
We found this odd today and it might be our local testing center and not the FAA as a whole, but my day job is working for a city in Texas and our Fire Marshall was signed up to finally take his 107 test this Thursday. Well he got a voicemail that basically said, sorry, but the FAA has suspended the testing so we will have to cancel your registered exam. The key here is that she did say "FAA" and not like, "our location" or similar.

I did a short search and couldn't come up with anything, but it is very odd that he could register for an exam last week and then today gets a call back that it is postponed or suspended.

Just curious if anyone here knows of anything. I can try to report back as well if he gets clarification as he has yet to be able to reach them by phone for additional information.

We found this odd today and it might be our local testing center and not the FAA as a whole, but my day job is working for a city in Texas and our Fire Marshall was signed up to finally take his 107 test this Thursday. Well he got a voicemail that basically said, sorry, but the FAA has suspended the testing so we will have to cancel your registered exam. The key here is that she did say "FAA" and not like, "our location" or similar.

I did a short search and couldn't come up with anything, but it is very odd that he could register for an exam last week and then today gets a call back that it is postponed or suspended.

Just curious if anyone here knows of anything. I can try to report back as well if he gets clarification as he has yet to be able to reach them by phone for additional information.

Testing hasn't even been in effect for a year.

I'm sure it wasn't FAA-wide. We would have heard about plans to "suspend" Part 107 testing nationwide for a long time before they actually did something like that.

Interesting because the center is an aviation college or similar and ran by a college employee I would think that is the proctor so not a federal employee. I suppose the test itself or access to something there counts though... I could see IACRA or a portion post-exam being suspended for sure.

Either way, thank you for helping clear that up and hopefully others see this if they are planning on taking the test in the coming days.

I can affirm as shooter said, it is because of the shutdown. I called Monday to schedule my test and the CATS people told me the FAA isn't scheduling testing until further notice. Called again this morning, they said still no green light. Ill call again tomorrow :)

I took an passed my 107 this morning!

Good going Bob. Bet you feel a bit special now as a member of the Licensed Community. You will find that you are much more aware of what is going on around you now. Great job and good luck.
I took and passed mine on a Saturday morning as well.

Testing hasn't even been in effect for a year.

I'm sure it wasn't FAA-wide. We would have heard about plans to "suspend" Part 107 testing nationwide for a long time before they actually did something like that.
not sure where you got that idea from. I took my test 2 weeks ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM