Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Fines

I strongly disagree with your posting. The Federal Aviation Administration will aggressively pursue drone complaints if:
1. You send a photo of the drone operator holding the RC, preferably smiling.
2. You send a color photo of his/her driver's license.
3. You send a photo of his/her house.
4. You also send a map to the house.
5. You volunteer to drive the FAA inspector to the home.

So you see the FAA does not mess around; they take this very seriously. ?

Don't hold back please. Tell us what you really think. ?

The stool sample might be an invasion of privacy.?

I strongly disagree with your posting. The Federal Aviation Administration will aggressively pursue drone complaints if:
1. You send a photo of the drone operator holding the RC, preferably smiling.
2. You send a color photo of his/her driver's license.
3. You send a photo of his/her house.
4. You also send a map to the house.
5. You volunteer to drive the FAA inspector to the home.

So you see the FAA does not mess around; they take this very seriously. ?

Ya, right. :D:D:D:D

1. How can clearing a warning in DJI Go equate to authorization to fly in controlled airspace?

2. Pay for "yearly flight authorizations through DJI"???

Can you shed more light on this?

Which golf course, BTW.

This guy must be a buying a hack that disables DJI control.

All jokes aside, FAA sUAS regulations enforcement is a complete joke.

The past consensus is that the FAA chooses to "educate" rather to enforce under most conditions. You really have to try hard to get an enforcement action against you. Maybe that is good and maybe not. My personal view is that if they were a little more proactive and vocal that fewer people would do stupid stuff but what do I know.

Reactions: prodigal27
So, you invite someone over for dinner.

Suddenly he walks into the kitchen and slugs you right in the jaw. You educate him on proper behavior and that this is not acceptable. He promises to do better.

Sitting down to dinner, he tosses a drink in your face and slugs you again. You educate him on proper behavior and that there are laws against this sort of thing. He promises to do better.

After dinner, he stabs you with a knife. You educate him on proper behavior and that there are laws against this sort of thing. He promises to do better.

As he's leaving he shoots your dog and pistol whips you. You educate him on proper behavior and he promises to do better.

You invite him over next weekend expecting him to behave properly.

Reactions: prodigal27
So, you invite someone over for dinner.

Suddenly he walks into the kitchen and slugs you right in the jaw. You educate him on proper behavior and that this is not acceptable. He promises to do better.

Sitting down to dinner, he tosses a drink in your face and slugs you again. You educate him on proper behavior and that there are laws against this sort of thing. He promises to do better.

After dinner, he stabs you with a knife. You educate him on proper behavior and that there are laws against this sort of thing. He promises to do better.

As he's leaving he shoots your dog and pistol whips you. You educate him on proper behavior and he promises to do better.

You invite him over next weekend expecting him to behave properly.

My version of the story is he slugs me, the dog provides some instant weight loss for the guy and gives my enough time to grab the Louisville slugger so that I can provide a (free) adjustment to his way of thinking. Afterwards he gets a two-for one deal; my boot in his back area to help him out the door. If he has problems finding the way to the curb a couple of 12 gauge slugs wil point him in the right direction.

Well, yeah Randall, we're in Texas. Goes without saying. That first punch wouldn't have landed.

It's just cynical comment on the idea of legislation curbing crime.

Like Ron White said, "We have the death penalty, and we use it."

And I agree. Education is just kicking the can down the road. Maybe good for the first encounter on something that was not a serious life-safety issue. One warning for an adult should suffice though.

Off topic a little bit. Sometimes (yes not often) people will learn and change. When I was a LEO, if I did a traffic stop for a non hazardous violation on a local persons I would give them a verbal warning and also explain if I caught them a second time they would get a written warning and the third time a ticket. I always figured if the person was local at some point they might be a witness to a crime and I would need their cooperation. I had one kid that just didn't learn - 3 nights in a row he got my autograph - 4th night he got his car towed.
I had one instance where I stopped a local guy on a back road riding an unregistered motorcycle. He explained that he had been having problems with the way the bike ran and he was testing driving it. Well as luck would have it I had had the same style bike and knew what the problem was. Resolved the problem and told him to keep the bike home until it was registered. A couple of weeks later I got called to break up a bar fight. When I walked into the bar the same guy was there and he loudly told everybody not to give me any **** as I was a friend of his. Nobody did :)

Like Ron White said, "We have the death penalty, and we use it."

And I agree. Education is just kicking the can down the road. Maybe good for the first encounter on something that was not a serious life-safety issue. One warning for an adult should suffice though.
Texans like the death penalty so much they put in a fast lane.

Reactions: R Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker