Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Fireworks

Reaction score
I have searched the other threads on photographing fireworks but can't seem to get a consistent answer on camera settings. I have been hired to capture images of a firework show tomorrow night with my M2P. I am afraid that shooting in 4k and grabbing frames is not going to give me the resolution I want or produce the best images. I have seen suggestions to shoot in manual anywhere from f3 to f11 iso from 100 to 1600 and a shutter of 1" to 3". This is my first firework shoot and don't want to come out of it with unusable images. I have a night filter as well as polarized filters but am not sure if any are needed. Any help or guidance would be great!

There are a few professional photographers on this forum. Are you authorized to fly at night and if so where?
I few years ago some guy took a Phantom up during the Lake Don Pedro fireworks, my understanding is it didn't work out too well for him.
I shot a few pictures from my boat with my Nikon and came out with some interesting results by using the reflections off the lake.

There are a few professional photographers on this forum. Are you authorized to fly at night and if so where?
I few years ago some guy took a Phantom up during the Lake Don Pedro fireworks, my understanding is it didn't work out too well for him.
I shot a few pictures from my boat with my Nikon and came out with some interesting results by using the reflections off the lake.
Yeah I am authorized to fly at night. I am shooting the display at Pine Mountain Lake. Just got done. Will let you know how it turns out.

1625446824612.jpeg
1625446862406.jpeg
Here are a couple of shots from last night. ISO 100, f11, 6sec exposure.

You get into Sonora, Groveland, Coulterville, or Mariposa often?
I'm also one of the Columbia airport bums.
I'm also in Oakdale a lot.

I live full time in Groveland and was just at the Columbia airport on Friday using the grass runway to finish up my tailwheel endorsement.

We have a Cessna 188, want a job as a crop duster? I used up my eight of my nine lives.
With the new avionics crop dusting is a breeze. Don't need Carlos waving flags anymore.
So you have learned to do the tail dragger toe dance. LOL
Do you have your commercial? The chemical training is pretty extensive now.
There are also opportunities in mosquito abatement and that is a lot safer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy