Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

First Commercial Job

spamgnome

Reaction score
Hi guys / gals,
I'm looking for some suggestions on what would constitute a "creative video" shot of a commercial property. In this case it's pretty much an empty lot next to a fairly busy road. This will be my 1st paid gig, so I kind of want to get it right :) Needs to be about 30s or so

MapMaker53

Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Probably best option for a 30 second vid would be an orbit around it (maybe a 45 degree shot) with point of interest at the center of the lot. It will not only show the property itself, but also the properties that border it. That type of footage provides a lot of spacial references for the viewer.

Last edited:

spamgnome

Reaction score
Probably best option for a 30 second vid would be an orbit around it (maybe a 45 degree shot) with point of interest at the center of the lot. It will not only show the property itself, but also the properties that border it. That type of footage provides a lot of spacial references for the viewer.
Thank you!

BigAl07

Staff member
Reaction score
Try to emphasize ease of access since it's near a busy road. When you're up in the air also take notice of anything less desirable in the area and try to NOT emphasize that.

Reactions: skiptv

TreeLineView

Reaction score
Don't be afraid to ask your client what they are going to showcase to sell the listing. I had one on Cape Cod Ma. Not near the water and it had a huge power line running just back the back yard. 12 Condos to be exact. Found nature trails, lake and bike trails nearby to help sell.

Reactions: BigAl07

spamgnome

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to get some more details. This is through Dronebase, and the info is a bit "odd." They want me to film an area that's about 750' X 2,600', but there's not subject in particular. It's also in a VERY busy part of town.

R.Perry

Reaction score
A thirty second video can cover a lot of ground, but I doubt if you can cover almost 2 million square feet in thirty seconds. Personally I would suggest two or three panos from about 300 feet depending on what your are flying and what camera you have. With my client they like the videos but the love the panos. If you are going to do a video of that much acreage I would figure on a minimum of two minutes.

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to get some more details. This is through Dronebase, and the info is a bit "odd." They want me to film an area that's about 750' X 2,600', but there's not subject in particular. It's also in a VERY busy part of town.
The fact that this is through Dronebase, and is also your first paid gig, and you are coming to us for how to shoot it says more about Dronebase than you. Clearly, you are being low balled for the job, and Dronebase's client's standards are very low, and they are more interested in cheap than good! I suspect anything you deliver will be sufficient!

skiptv

Reaction score
Website
www.hollywood-drones.net
Congrats on your paid gig. Drone Base gives you a great opportunity to gain experience and build your reel while getting paid. They don’t pay much. I looked at it as paid internship. Thanks to the houses and commercial properties I shot for them I was able to secure work from one of the biggest construction companies in SoCal and biggest Developer in Vegas all by showing them the paid work I did for drone base.
My suggestions in working for drone base just do exactly what the ask in the mission base.

Reactions: MapMaker53

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeropapa