Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flight Ops for SAR

I agree. The PD hasn’t made a move yet. No plan. FD has op plan. This my concern if I’m called ad hoc.

I agree. The PD hasn’t made a move yet. No plan. FD has op plan. This my concern if I’m called ad hoc.

With today's tangle of privacy concerns, chain of custody issues, and liability issues it's a very small percentage you'll get called randomly. Your best bet is to make contacts with the LE dept and arrange for some demo flights to show what you and your equipment are capable of. Once they know you, trust you, and have faith in your equipment you might get called but I still say the odds are low to none.

Keep in mind that LE calls are a world of difference from FD and SAR calls. You have to worry about evidence, Constitutional law, and a whole slew of other issues. Also you'll need to consider Encrypted Video links if you're wanting to broadcast your video feed LIVE.

Reactions: rvrrat14
With today's tangle of privacy concerns, chain of custody issues, and liability issues it's a very small percentage you'll get called randomly. Your best bet is to make contacts with the LE dept and arrange for some demo flights to show what you and your equipment are capable of. Once they know you, trust you, and have faith in your equipment you might get called but I still say the odds are low to none.

Keep in mind that LE calls are a world of difference from FD and SAR calls. You have to worry about evidence, Constitutional law, and a whole slew of other issues. Also you'll need to consider Encrypted Video links if you're wanting to broadcast your video feed LIVE.
Yes. Agree with all you said. Good info.
I’ve already met with Chief and am known. We are looking at getting a thermal drone and at that point it will be a matter of time, I’m sure. Just a want to know what others have been doing as far as legalities collecting data for PD.

Two different local law enforcement organizations (whose SWAT teams I dd some drone training with) said they obviously could not use us in any tactical operations, but would consider calling us for a SAR operation. BigA107 hit the nail on the head. Cultivate a relationship with them, but it's still highly unlikely because of all the factors he listed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0S3PH