Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Fly over people waiver

Photoman482

Reaction score
I need to get a waiver for this, 107.39. It seems impossible considering what they want, testing on what happens if it crashed into a person, etc. Does anyone know a source for testing data?

It's a complicated and expensive waiver (right now).

Out of the 10's of thousands of Part 107 operators flying, less than 125 107.39 have been granted. And if you'll look you'll see that many of those are issues to the same people repeatedly.

and search for 107.39

IMHO it's not even realistic for anyone but the largest and most well funded organization.

Not to advertise anyone, but I got it by contacting ParaZero and getting the SafeAir ASTM product and using the documentation for that along with op manual, etc. and got it on the first try. They have these for Mavic 2 Pro, P4P, and, I believe, Matrice 200 series. SafeAir is an automatic parachute system and the ASTM kit makes it remotely deployable as well. Fair warning: It ain't cheap.

Not to advertise anyone, but I got it by contacting ParaZero and getting the SafeAir ASTM product and using the documentation for that along with op manual, etc. and got it on the first try. They have these for Mavic 2 Pro, P4P, and, I believe, Matrice 200 series. SafeAir is an automatic parachute system and the ASTM kit makes it remotely deployable as well. Fair warning: It ain't cheap.
$1500 last I check.....for a chute and a piece of paper???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91