Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flying in Lake Como, Italy

SMD

Reaction score
I have the possibility of filming in Lake Como, Italy this coming June. I've done some research but thought some real world experience advice would be more helpful. I have my part 107 and film all over the US. I've never been to Italy and don't want to cause any problems. I don't think I'll bring either of my Inspires probably just a Mavic Pro since I want to be able to travel light and it's for a wedding. The footage I want to capture is of the wedding location and the surrounding area of the lake and not necessarily the wedding itself. Any tips or suggestions (do's and and don'ts). thanks.

I've done some research but I'm looking for some real-world advice. I'm in New York and know the laws well but everything isn't always that straight forward. I'd like some feedback about how to not do anything that offends the culture or anything else. Just looking to stay out of trouble and be able to capture the majesty of the area.

I've done some research but I'm looking for some real-world advice. I'm in New York and know the laws well but everything isn't always that straight forward. I'd like some feedback about how to not do anything that offends the culture or anything else. Just looking to stay out of trouble and be able to capture the majesty of the area.
I agree it's good to have first hand knowledge, ArrUnTuS is from Spain maybe he can shed some light. I haven't seen any Italians on the forum

Hi SMD

I really don't know how this thing is in Italy. If it is here in Spain with a lot of care because things can get ugly quickly. I mean legally, not for any other reason.

The last thing that has been said is that at European level if you want to fly in any country you have to get the equivalent of part 107 of that country. It's the last thing I've heard and it's a nuisance. With the consequent expense of time and money.

Anyway you can check the regulations of Italy and the easiest thing is that you write to the coordinator of the airspace of the country ENAC, an e-mail would be the easiest.

Drone Rules

I understand that it is a flight by Hobby, check the air space and the most certain that if it is uncontrolled air space have no problem at all.

If you cheer up and tell us how things are going, we all learn. Good luck :)

Hi SMD

I really don't know how this thing is in Italy. If it is here in Spain with a lot of care because things can get ugly quickly. I mean legally, not for any other reason.

The last thing that has been said is that at European level if you want to fly in any country you have to get the equivalent of part 107 of that country. It's the last thing I've heard and it's a nuisance. With the consequent expense of time and money.

Anyway you can check the regulations of Italy and the easiest thing is that you write to the coordinator of the airspace of the country ENAC, an e-mail would be the easiest.

Drone Rules

I understand that it is a flight by Hobby, check the air space and the most certain that if it is uncontrolled air space have no problem at all.

If you cheer up and tell us how things are going, we all learn. Good luck :)

Hi ArrUnTuS,

I'm going to do some more research. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for you reply!

Hi ArrUnTuS,

I'm going to do some more research. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for you reply!
Did you find anything else out? I'll be in Italy in 10 days and am considering bringing my p4p. I can probably get away with flying under hobby, but like the idea of commercial covering me just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM