Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flying with your UAV

Red90

Reaction score
Website
www.red90.co.uk
No, I don’t mean flying your UAV - I mean travelling in a plane with your UAV..

How do people prefer to do it? Put it in a Peli type case and stick it in the hold praying that the baggage handlers don’t trash it? Put it in a hold-all and take it as carryon, hoping that some over-zealous cabin crew doesn’t try and cram it into an already stuffed overhead?

I’ve got a long trip coming up & it’s imperative that the P4 gets there in one piece - interested to hear of people’s experiences..

Cheers,
Martin.

I put my pelican case into a large suitcase with clothing and do the bag-check thing. And I put the rest of my clothing in a carry-on with the batteries. The Phantom made it through the trip intact. That's how I do it whenever I fly to jobs. I had initially planned on carrying on the Pelican case, but the dimensions were just a little larger than allowed.

Reactions: Red90
They make a very nice hard case for the P4 and it is modestly priced, I think around sixty bucks. I have one for my P4 and it keeps it well protected. The case also has five battery storage compartments, a place for the transmitter, and room for charger, and extra parts such as props. The case is also lockable.
The case is too large for overhead storage, and getting trough security I believe would be a pain.
51H5XnAlFKL.jpg

They make a very nice hard case for the P4 and it is modestly priced, I think around sixty bucks. I have one for my P4 and it keeps it well protected. The case also has five battery storage compartments, a place for the transmitter, and room for charger, and extra parts such as props. The case is also lockable.
The case is too large for overhead storage, and getting trough security I believe would be a pain.
51H5XnAlFKL.jpg
I have this case: Major pro: props can stay on: Major con: It is cheaply constructed. As long as you don't mishandled the thing, it will take care of your stuff. Ya get what ya pay for. The hinges broke in the 1st month (partially functioning still though). Honestly, I don't regret owning this for as little as I paid and the way I use it. Traveling with it on an airplane might be a different story ...

Our GPC hard cases for our M600 Pros have survived over 20 airline trips so far. Luckily at close to 100lbs the handlers can't throw it that far >:)

::knock on wood::

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164