Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FNS NOTAM SEARCH

Garth Marenghi

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to use the below FAA website to find NOTAMs for a specific longitude/latitude,

On the above page you select "Lat/Long" from the menu to the left and are presented with input boxes to the right.

As you know, on Google Maps you can right-click on any location to find the Long/Lat.

I'm having some trouble comprehending how to put the Google Long/Lat format (e.g. 34.24046191424146, -118.38517976085211) into the format that the FAA website above requires.
Is some math conversion needed?

Thanks

Hi

I'm trying to use the below FAA website to find NOTAMs for a specific longitude/latitude,

On the above page you select "Lat/Long" from the menu to the left and are presented with input boxes to the right.

As you know, on Google Maps you can right-click on any location to find the Long/Lat.

I'm having some trouble comprehending how to put the Google Long/Lat format (e.g. 34.24046191424146, -118.38517976085211) into the format that the FAA website above requires.
Is some math conversion needed?

Thanks
The FAA requires DMS versus decimal degrees which is what you indicated above. If you have coordinates in State Plane values you can use this site to do a conversion: State Plane Coordinate System
Otherwise, Google convert decimal degrees to DMS (degrees minutes seconds)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM