Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Free, all-in-one drone app: Feedback welcome!

SkyGrid

Reaction score
Website
skygrid.com
Hey pilots,

SkyGrid here! We’re new to the Commercial Drone Pilots community, so we’d like to give a quick intro. Based in Austin, Texas, SkyGrid is a joint venture between Boeing and SparkCognition (an AI company). We just launched a free, all-in-one drone app that we’d love your feedback on.

Now available in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control provides a complete solution to check airspace, get LAANC, automate flights, and detect objects in real-time. We aim to help simplify your drone operations with one app that allows you to manage every phase of flight.

Here’s how it works:
  • Check airspace: Evaluate airspace classes, flight restrictions, elevation, local precipitation, wind speed and direction, and more.
  • Plan a flight: Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Get LAANC authorization: If flying in U.S. controlled airspace near airports, request FAA LAANC authorization for auto-approval under 400 feet.
  • Launch or schedule mission: Connect your DJI drone and launch mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan, or schedule flight for a future date.
  • Detect objects: During flight, use our AI computer vision to detect key objects in the real-time video feed.
You can download SkyGrid Flight Control for free in the iPad App Store or learn more about the app on our website. We recommend using the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Enterprise, or Mavic Air to take full advantage of our automated flight capabilities.

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid

Last edited:
Reactions: Kklix and dirkclod
Will this be available for the Mavic Air 2 once the sdk is released?

Your LAANC grids would be more informative if it showed participating airports (green grids) vs. non-participating airports (red grids). When I'm planning a job in advance, I like to know the areas that will require more time for flight authorization by the color of the grids.

Your LAANC grids would be more informative if it showed participating airports (green grids) vs. non-participating airports (red grids). When I'm planning a job in advance, I like to know the areas that will require more time for flight authorization by the color of the grids.

Definitely something that would help and should be easy to implement.

Reactions: SkyGrid
Thanks so much for the feedback! Currently, our LAANC grids are color coordinated based on the airspace class. We plan to visually indicate the status of UAS Facility Map grids via color and text in a future update. We want to make sure it’s easy to see where you can get quick access to controlled airspace.

Hey pilots,

SkyGrid here! We’re new to the Commercial Drone Pilots community, so we’d like to give a quick intro. Based in Austin, Texas, SkyGrid is a joint venture between Boeing and SparkCognition (an AI company). We just launched a free, all-in-one drone app that we’d love your feedback on.

Now available in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control provides a complete solution to check airspace, get LAANC, automate flights, and detect objects in real-time. We aim to help simplify your drone operations with one app that allows you to manage every phase of flight.

Here’s how it works:
  • Check airspace: Evaluate airspace classes, flight restrictions, elevation, local precipitation, wind speed and direction, and more.
  • Plan a flight: Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Get LAANC authorization: If flying in U.S. controlled airspace near airports, request FAA LAANC authorization for auto-approval under 400 feet.
  • Launch or schedule mission: Connect your DJI drone and launch mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan, or schedule flight for a future date.
  • Detect objects: During flight, use our AI computer vision to detect key objects in the real-time video feed.
You can download SkyGrid Flight Control for free in the iPad App Store or learn more about the app on our website. We recommend using the DJI Mavic 2+, Mavic Air, or Phantom 4 V2+ to take full advantage of our automated flight capabilities.

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid
First will this work with an older model p4p, 2017
Will this work with other makes
Does this app search for TFRs Thanx

My name is Skip Fredricks, I am a Professor and Flight Instructor at Three Universities, One in AZ and two in SoCal, I'll download the app, put it through a ton of tests suing my students. Congrats.
Hey Skip - Nice to meet you. That's great to hear. If you or your students have any feedback to share, we're all ears!

First will this work with an older model p4p, 2017
Will this work with other makes
Does this app search for TFRs Thanx
Hey there - We support the latest and greatest DJI SDK, so older models are compatible, but we recommend the Phantom 4 Pro V2 to get the performance and take full advantage of our autonomous flight capabilities. We also recommend the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Enterprise. We're planning to extend to other makes and models in the near future, so stay tuned! And yes, we do provide data on TFRs, NOTAMs, and other advisories in your area.

Reactions: BigAl07
Any plans for the app to make it to iPhoney or Android?
Hey there - We are planning to extend to Android in the near future, so we'll definitely keep you posted. Regarding the iPhone, we found that tablets give pilots more functionality on the go while maintaining ease of use and portability. We'll consider extending to mobile phones as well based on user demand.

Hello Commercial Drone Pilots!

Thanks for all the great feedback. We made some improvements to the SkyGrid Flight Control app based on your suggestions.
  • Improved overall stability
  • Improved performance when app is put into background
  • Improved performance when iPad is put to sleep
  • Improved networking
  • Improved airspace awareness data layers
Let us know what you think, and what other suggestions you have. We'll continue to enhance this app in the coming weeks and months, so be on the lookout for helpful updates and new features.

Happy Flying,
SkyGrid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku