Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Gig for Easylandsell.com / Landzilla? Scam or Legit?

dfly

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time creeper, first time poster…

I recently found a craigslist posting asking for an experienced land/landscape photographer to shoot six rural parcels with a bonus for drone footage.

I responded, and they re-posted with a higher compensation amount and also replied to me, asking if I saw the updated post.

We went back-and-forth with a few specifics and they responded within about a minute, asking me to provide them with my PayPal ID, phone number, email address and full name. Of course, they said that I needed to reply quickly, as other photographers were also lined up for the job. Now I get this can be a tactic to get people to commit, but it also seemed a little hasty and suspicious, so I called and talked to PayPal. They said there is nothing to gain with that information as far as getting into my account.

I emailed the poster back, asking what real state company he is with and he provided me the above website. Of course, it’s the weekend, so I have no way to reach anyone there to verify the legitimacy of this post.

I performed a Google search with the same wording and found another post in a different city, with the same language, also six parcels… interesting.

Does this company name or MO sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks,
Dfly

WELCOME to the forum :)

Since it triggered that "something isn't right" feeling in your guy I'd say I would trust that feeling. There is no reason to be so hasty and "threaten" others lined up for the job. That's Social Engineering to make you do something you might otherwise not do. That's ALWAYS a red flag.

and they responded within about a minute, asking me to provide them with my PayPal ID, phone number, email address and full name.
Over the years, we've been contacted in many different ways. In all those instances, the details on how they were going to get payment to me has never been their primary concern. Common sense??

Reactions: BigAl07
That doesn't mean that they're not a legitimate business! I've never personally dealt with Landzilla or Easylandsell but I have clients like them and companies like this typically underpay but know what they want

I never did update this thread (my apologies), but I did end up doing the gig for them after doing a little more detective work and reasoning that I wasn’t at risk, as they weren’t asking for anything sensitive (I did have a different scam attempt more recently, via text and probably through my google business listing, but that was much easier to spot, having seen classic scam incidents first hand in my primary profession. That was actually kinda fun leading them on for a bit 😆). Anyway, this gig worked out and I used it for a little more seed money for equipment, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143