Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Glitchy behavior of P4P in no-fly zone

aerialimagery

Reaction score
I had to photograph a large industrial complex and I could see that half was outside of the yellow area on the DJI map and half within it. I was hoping once I was in the air after launching from the clear area I would be able to move into the restricted area, but I was blocked. It was as if there were an invisible wall. I tried going very low, and that didn't work either.

After doing the best I could where I could maneuver, I decided to do another launch from within the no fly zone. I was able to take off, and then received a warning and there was a forced landing. So after I landed it I launched it again, and this time I could fly anywhere withing the no-fly zone, though warnings would pop up on the screen from time to time.

Anyone else have any similar experience or can explain what was going on and why I was able to bypass their blocking me? (Note: I purchased my P4P+ about a year ago and I have not done any software upgrades).

I was told by a guy at a repair place that in your situation you would need to originate your flight from within the restricted zone. That would allow you to fly in and out of it. I think it takes a while for the software to recognize the zone, probably why it didn't work the first time. When they repared my P4 they also upgraded the firmware:-( I have done a flight within 2.5nm of an airport in controlled airspace (with permission) and had no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143