Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Good morning & question about 107 training

MidwestPilot

Reaction score
Good morning, from "fly-over country", no pun intended! ?

I've been researching viability for starting UAV business for some time and which of the applications of the technology are most needed and are reasonably profitable.

I'd like to start my 107 training ASAP and am looking at the various choices for non-flight training that can be done at home. Any suggestions from those of you who have pursued a similar approach as to those training programs to avoid as well as those you would recommend to a colleague.

Thanks for your consideration and any feedback you can offer.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Hi, midwestpilot and welcome to the forum. The FAA Part 107 exam isn't terribly difficult, but it does require some study. I suggest that you sign up at Gold Seal and take it for a free test drive. See how you like it. We've been in the Part 107 training business for longer than anyone else. Here is the link:

www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Additionally, here's a short article that will help you understand the process:

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome aboard! Good luck with the Part 107. There is quite a lot of information to learn, but very doable with plenty of studying.
I had a good experience with King Schools.

Last edited:
I personally used the Prepware Remote Pilot ($4.99) application.
Its GUI is the same as the actual GUI used at the test site, so one gets acquainted with the format.
When I consistently got 90% or better on multiple tries, then I knew I was ready.

Reactions: Chris-KC
I personally used the Prepware Remote Pilot ($4.99) application.
Its GUI is the same as the actual GUI used at the test site, so one gets acquainted with the format.
When I consistently got 90% or better on multiple tries, then I knew I was ready.
My experience was similar. I watched Tony Northrup's youtube video, read official study materials, and took the Remote Pilot app practice tests repeatedly. I did so until I was scoring 97%+ then went in for the real test, on which I got 90%. (There were some questions I hadn't seen anything similar to before.) It took me 1:10 of the allotted 2 hrs.

The advantage of a structured online course is the ability to reach out for help or clarifications. I used Remote Pilot 101 and got a 97% on the real exam. The course fee includes lifetime prep for the renewal exams.

Reactions: Shadowghost
Here is my favorite Airspace YouTube video:
Cyndy Hollman National Airspace System (Private Pilot Lesson 3a)

Description:
Explanation of the national airspace system including the different classes of airspace, speed restrictions, and entry requirements with a 3D model to show the airspace dimensions.

Good morning, from "fly-over country", no pun intended! ?

I've been researching viability for starting UAV business for some time and which of the applications of the technology are most needed and are reasonably profitable.

I'd like to start my 107 training ASAP and am looking at the various choices for non-flight training that can be done at home. Any suggestions from those of you who have pursued a similar approach as to those training programs to avoid as well as those you would recommend to a colleague.

Thanks for your consideration and any feedback you can offer.
I used Remote Pilot 101, video based training is thorough and is easily searchable. There are mini practice test along the way and a final test at the end. You can go through the course materials and take the practice test for as long as you like. $149.00 for life.

Reactions: Shadowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker